My stint with Airtel, d2h and tata sky and what did I choose

aswinm16

Reaction score
I have been an avid reader of this forum and all of u guys have actually helped in many things concerning DTH.
So I find it my responsibility to share my personal views on the various DTH I used and what did I choose in the end. I hope this will help future DTH owners to take an informed decision.
To start with one thing i understood about DTH is there is no place for just going for quantity and cost effectiveness. It has to be mixture of all.
Here's the experience..
I took a new flat and was researching on a DTH . I have airtel connection at my another home for the last 5 years. Absolutely problem free. So first thing I was thinking about was to take airtel new connection. But thought I will give the other players a go.. So after browsing through various forums selected d2h due to cost effectiveness and quantity of channels..
D2h...
- got connected fast
- picture q is below par except in HD channels.
- SQ is below par compared to others.
- no much Dolby effect( I have a top of line Sony HT)
- I had audio sync issues from day one. Complained. One technician came. Told stb has to be changed. Next day another technician came. Checked again. Told stb has to be changed.. Next day another tech came. Checked and told no problem with stb and case resolved. Horrendous.
- then I had software update problem. Box was not updating coz of ram corrupt error. Complained .. Same thing happened. They told if u can see picture stb doesn't have problem and refused to change the box. I am having the old software still with download1.
- I got so angry I deactivated the connection then n there even though i had 3weeks free left.This is like technician satisfaction not customer satisfaction.

Decided to take Tatasky after I learned they are adding HD channels like HBO premium ch..
- one thing which is a class apart with TS is customer care.
- ordered over phone, technician was at my home in 2hours that too on a Sunday!!
- channel selection is a breeze
- website is awesome where we can downgrade as well as upgrade our packages
- instant channel activation via SMS
- quality stb and remote
- quality interface
- channel offering is also on par with all the necessary demanded channels on board..but still few missing.
- one issue which forced me to change was signal strength and quality was not going beyond 40 and had an influence on PQ. No what ever tech did it was not picking up.
- SQ. Wow!! HD channels is true ..I mean true 5.1. Never heard the same on Airtel or d2h. In Airtel back speakers is always muffled in hd channels.
- I was so sad to leave TS .. But PQ signal issue and scare of high monthly pricing forced me to go back to my trued and tested Airtel..

What else to say.. Airtel it is for me
PQ is awesome
All general, movie, sports and news channels
All hd channels barring few
Software and hardware on par with TS
SQ ..a close second to TS
Customer care was great till now.
Pricing . less than ts ..
Bottom line .. For me Airtel is a mixture of awesome quality, quantity of channels, good CC, and not so high pricing( when u compared to what u get)
But.. I am still keeping tabs on tata sky. Sure a future DTH connection for me after they migrate fully. Coz I think only tata sky I see a great future in the long run.
D2h.. I would say is for those who wants quantity over quality for less price. Who r not much of a techie and who doesn't care about 5.1 sound and high PQ.
I would say if u guys can afford it should be tata sky or Airtel.
I would like to add I am not supporting any company here. Just pure personal experience.
Customer care will be bad for those who live in remote areas. In Cities and most of towns its awesome for Airtel and most other DTH.

good report

that's what I said somewhere

People want TATA sky

those who either dissatisfied with tatasky due to some reason are going for either adtv or d2h

so adtv and d2h is not creating demand these just fulfilling demands which was not satisfied by DTH and cable operator

rdtv and sd is not in race.

adtv choosen for better quality
d2h choosen for cheaper price

Your review will definitely help others.:tup

But why are u getting only 40 % signal strength where as I am getting almost 100 % strength & quality in kolkata ? :huh Is there any obstacle like big trees or building which is blocking the signal ? Did u ask the technician what signal strength are they getting in their shop or other place ?

It was due to the length of the cable I use from terrace to my flat. But in Airtel I get more signal strength than tata sky with same wiring. No obstacles or anything.

aswinm16 said:
It was due to the length of the cable I use from terrace to my flat. But in Airtel I get more signal strength than tata sky with same wiring. No obstacles or anything.

In Vadodara, with less than 6 mtr cable , i manage only 40-50% signal strength. The other STB which is connected through 15 mtr cabling infact gets more signal strength , around 55-60%.!!!!

Many technicians who visited my place couldnt do anything about increasing signal strength & said its normal in that area...there are no obstructions in the vicinity..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock