NDTV to go off air on Nov 9 for one day

• Thread starter Thread starter hindifun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28
  • Views Views: Views 4,096
See how they are trying to change the public view: Internet is filled with wrong info that govt has banned NDTV because they were questioning the government whereas it has been banned for its coverage of Pathankot.

Sai Laxman said:
R U Support or Oppose :huh ..

He is opposing the ban it's clear Sai Laxman sir. Let's not get in fights, though.

Prathamesh said:
He is opposing the ban it's clear Sai Laxman sir. Let's not get in fights, though.

I never watched those two channels, so Neither I'm supporting nor protesting. I only watch Abp news, Zee News , Times now, India Today, ET now.
:tup :tup
but totally against p**n bann ...

Prathamesh said:

He clarify his stand bro :) .. Btw no sir plz call me Sai or Sai bro itz enough in DDF family :) .. No sir allowed in our family ;) ..

MUMBAI: The Supreme Court has posted NDTV’s appeal against the one-day ban on its Hindi news channel NDTV India to 5 December following the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting’s (MIB’s) decision to put the ban order in abeyance.

NDTV counsel Fali Nariman said that there is no urgent need for the court to stay the government’s order as the same has been put on hold. He requested the apex court to hear the matter after a month by which time the company expects the government to take a final decision.

The matter was pushed to 5 December after Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi also agreed that there is no urgency in the matter.

NDTV has challenged the constitutional validity of the MIB order that directed NDTV India to go off the air for a day for allegedly violating the content code during its coverage of the Pathankot terrorist attack.

The Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) of the MIB had contended that the channel had compromised national security by providing information that could have helped the terrorists.

In its plea, the channel stated that it had shared information that was already available in the public domain.

SC to hear NDTV appeal against MIB order on 5 Dec | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom