NEO channels will be discontinued w.e.f. 11th November & may be available thereafter in an upgraded HD

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 120
  • Views: Views 24,187
Neo Sports & Neo Prime has rights to Eredivisie, Davis Cup, French & Italian Football cups. This weekend they didn't broadcast a single Eredivisie match . Only showing cycling and repeat highlights.

Colors Infinity Sports:ouch::no:

If they'll acquire Neo than it may be named as Sports18 .. they'll not use Colors brand :no:

There may be, They use a Leaf just like in Colors, Rishtey and Cineplex, Sports with Leaf,,,because they use 18 in informative channel (News18, History TV18, Home Shop18).

I think sony and star will not go for neo sports if any situation occurs. They don't need that. Reliance or Discovery may be.

So end of nimbus sports, if u remember zee sports tried to get indian cricket rights but nimbus sports got that. Zee moved to court also started ICL, but everthing failed and Nimbus sports (neo sports) with backing of bcci, killed zee sports channel at that time 😁

Last edited:
I remember almost a decade ago when Nimbus have bcci media rights that time Neo channels was much Popular after losing rights Neo channels lost their Popularity

I feel this is a only a shutdown. No buyouts/replacements. The licenses under Neo would be up for grabs soon.

These channels will surely be rebranded as per plans of new owners, they are not shutting down as recently new carriage deal for readdition was signed with Tata Sky which clearly indicates that new owners have some plan in place to continue operations. Wait for few more days, details will be out soon. I think Reliance will start sports channel , they had given hints about this few months back. With Jio Giga Fiber TV launch in pipeline & acquisition of majority stake in Hathway, DEN they will try to add sports genre in their bouquet to make it more attractive, also there is a possibility that it can be a JV with Star India bcoz of their close partnership

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock