New BBC HD channels tests started

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
The BBC has started tests for two of its five new HD channels on the Astra 2 position at 28.2 degrees East.

Last July, the broadcaster announced the launch of BBC News HD, BBC Three HD, BBC Four HD, CBBC HD and Cbeebies HD in early 2014. All BBC HD channels will be available free-to-air.

Broadcasts of BBC Four HD and Cbeebies HD have now started on 11.023 GHz/H; this is the same frequency on which BBC One Wales HD, BBC One Scotland HD and BBC Red Button HD can be received.

On digital terrestrial television (Freeview HD and YouView), BBC Three HD and CBBC HD will use capacity on the BBC’s existing HD multiplex, which has 98.5% coverage of UK homes.

BBC News HD, BBC Four HD and CBeebies HD will use new HD capacity, which will cover part of the UK and grow in coverage over time.

In a related development, German public broadcaster ARD is adding six new HD channels on December 5 on Astra’s main German orbital position at 29.2 degrees East. They are the three thematic channels EinsPlus, Tagesschau24 (news) and Einsfestival and three regional channels, HR, MDR and RBB.

mmadhankumar said:
The BBC has started tests for two of its five new HD channels on the Astra 2 position at 28.2 degrees East.

Last July, the broadcaster announced the launch of BBC News HD, BBC Three HD, BBC Four HD, CBBC HD and Cbeebies HD in early 2014. All BBC HD channels will be available free-to-air.

Broadcasts of BBC Four HD and Cbeebies HD have now started on 11.023 GHz/H; this is the same frequency on which BBC One Wales HD, BBC One Scotland HD and BBC Red Button HD can be received.

On digital terrestrial television (Freeview HD and YouView), BBC Three HD and CBBC HD will use capacity on the BBC’s existing HD multiplex, which has 98.5% coverage of UK homes.

BBC News HD, BBC Four HD and CBeebies HD will use new HD capacity, which will cover part of the UK and grow in coverage over time.

In a related development, German public broadcaster ARD is adding six new HD channels on December 5 on Astra’s main German orbital position at 29.2 degrees East. They are the three thematic channels EinsPlus, Tagesschau24 (news) and Einsfestival and three regional channels, HR, MDR and RBB.

Why do you need to post this in Indian Forum?:wall :angry I dont understand your purpose.... Its a UK BBC channels.... Dont tell me you dont know that. Its clearly mentioned in the article...:no

pravinraaj.mba1 said:
Why do you need to post this in Indian Forum?:wall :angry I dont understand your purpose.... Its a UK BBC channels.... Dont tell me you dont know that. Its clearly mentioned in the article...:no

first don't answer the question yourself, ask a question and let others to answer. I very well know this is not about indian BBC channel..

secondly dont quote such long posts in replies, quote a post only if you are replying to that post. this has been said numerous times here. :wall

coming to your question, this is a thread about tv channels and hence posted in this section. and the name of this section is "tv channel news" not "indian tv channel news".

and may I know, do we have any better/suitable section :huh

pravinraaj.mba1 said:

No offense, take what you want and leave the rest. The smilies are overwhelming.

mmadhankumar said:
first don't answer the question yourself, ask a question and let others to answer. I very well know this is not about indian BBC channel..

Sorry for posting in long reply content. But do you see anybody posting or talking about channels outside of india. Please tell me. Why havent you mention in the thread topic, it is as UK channel. What i am trying to say is, it is misleading people. We have plenty threads, non of them are related to any other country channel. If you are not posting about indian channel, please specify to which country it belongs. so that we dont need to be mislead our thought and get excited to click and disappoint later.

The channels from Nilesat I have posted here in this froum earlier, which is not available in India.

I think irrespective of places - members are posting what ever channels or new informations they are getting in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock