New channels can be come in december.

• Thread starter Thread starter SUNIEL
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 16
  • Views Views: Views 11,107

SUNIEL

Banned
Reaction score
I think isro is more worry than tata sky and for tata sky customer. Here they explain The lift-off has been scheduled at 2:48 AM (IST) on September 29, it said, adding, the necessary arrangements were being made for live telecast of the launch on Doordarshan. About 31 minutes after lift-off, the GSAT-10 would be injected into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit and later moved to Geostationary Orbit (circular 36,000km above the equator). The satellite, with a 15- year life-span, is expected to be operational by November, 2012.
GSAT-10 to be launched on September 29 - Hindustan Times
credit : Bapun bhai.

RE: New channels can be come in november.

good fine, but tata sky will get this satellite in working mode after dec-jan only.. and if you think they will add new channels in nov. then that will be possible only from insat 4a not from g sat 10..

But bapun bhai here is mention that satellite [gsat10]will be operational in november so we can expect channels by tata sky.

Sbhopale said:
But bapun bhai here is mention that satellite [gsat10]will be operational in november so we can expect channels by tata sky.

yes, that's what i told earlier also. gsat 10 will be operational in novermber after its launch only but tata sky will get access and start testing new channels from its ku-band tps after 2-3 months only i.e dec-jan..

i strongly agree with bapun bro. tata sky normally takes 10 days for testing a channel. one best example is fox action movies which is being in testing mode for 5 days now and still not added.

GSAT-10 channel addition by tata sky may start from Jan'13 if they wish so but again it may be postponed also.

see tata sky is enjoying the 2nd highest subscribers by providing less no channels at a high rate so they dont bother of any new channel.

i think tatasky use gsat 10 on before nov1.....
before digitalization tatasky add more sd and hd channels......
it is my guess only

I Think It'll Take Some More Time To Add Channels For TS In Gsat

Hope for best TS customers.

Greatachiever said:
i strongly agree with bapun bro. tata sky normally takes 10 days for testing a channel. one best example is fox action movies which is being in testing mode for 5 days now and still not added.

GSAT-10 channel addition by tata sky may start from Jan'13 if they wish so but again it may be postponed also.

see tata sky is enjoying the 2nd highest subscribers by providing less no channels at a high rate so they dont bother of any new channel.

your point is correct but they already give overload to insat 4a by adding above 200 channels. As per expert on 12 ku band tp you can provide maximum 170 to 180 channels with mpeg2 and now tata sky is already overload hence there is chances to decrease quality so they testing channel for more days if further quality decrease they will not add it hence it take more time to study.
Now main point that tata sky have subscriber still, if they not add channels they be like dish tv.

tata sky in race, some reason:-
1. The package is not mandatory, you can drop any channe at any time
2. You can choose any channel as ala cart and can drop any time.7
3. The quality is great [hardware and services like cc, repairing response]
4. Most important thing is all are waiting for launch of gsat 10 if after 3-4 month of launch, there are no channels addition. You can see most 50% user of tata sky will be go to shift other dth. Dish tv will not affect this because their most of users from rural but tata sky's most users are from urban and semi urban so they can afford other dth connection.

Back
Top Bottom