Sun TV HD: 19
KTV: 19
Sun News: 1
Vijay: 19
Surya Comedy: 4
Surya Music: 4
Surya Movies:11
News18 India: 1

Siti cable (second TV) is now providing 300 channels for 295 - This new scheme looks like money eater.

Last edited:
My selection

NCF: 130
News18 Tamil Nadu: 0.25
Zee Tamil: 12 (Father can't miss Harikeshanallur Astrology)
Sun Life: 9
Sun TV HD: 19 (will remove Sun Tv since it is of no use other than serials)
Vijay: 19 (Can't miss Pagal Nilavu serial)

Siti cable (second TV) is now providing 300 channels for 295 - This new scheme looks like money eater.
Which is your mother tongue? Tamil or Malayalam?

My selection

NCF: 130
News18 Tamil Nadu: 0.25
Zee Tamil: 12 (Father can't miss Harikeshanallur Astrology)
Sun Life: 9
Sun TV HD: 19 (will remove Sun Tv since it is of no use other than serials)
Vijay: 19 (Can't miss Pagal Nilavu serial)

Go for hd in Ktv too same price

We will pick less no: of channels then, will be loss for both broadcasters and SUN.
Income of dth operators depend on No: of subscribers they have and not on how many pay channels we subscribe. Till now they earn more income if we subscribe more channels. But from now ownwards they will earn same ncf from all subscribers. The whole money we spend on pay channels will go to broadcasters and GST. They won't earn extra income unless they start charging NCF for additional channels.

They will get more subscribers if they provide better services, free pay channels within basic pack and discounts in NCF. More subscribers means more income. If they can't provide professional and interactive services like other operators then they will have to provide more discounts to attract subscribers.

Last edited:
Income of dth operators depend on No: of subscribers they have and not on how many pay channels we subscribe. Till now they earn more income if we subscribe more channels. But from now ownwards they will earn same ncf from all subscribers. The whole money we spend on pay channels will go to broadcasters and GST. They won't earn extra income unless they start charging NCF for additional channels.

They will get more subscribers if they provide better services, free pay channels within basic pack and discounts in NCF. More subscribers means more income. If they can't provide professional and interactive services like other operators then they will have to provide more discounts to attract subscribers.

What I heard was they get commission % for paychannels subscribed as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So

Tough competition will be there, high chances for loosing customers due to channel count availability.

What I heard was they get commission % for paychannels subscribed as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If that's true then dth operators are the only beneficiaries of this rule. Subscribers and broadcasters are losers. Our only benifit is dth operators are likely to add popular missing channels. If we are ready to pay more then we will be able to watch any channels we wish. Hope competition from online platforms will force them to reduce NCF.

Screenshot-20190131-193419.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock