Niche channels to catch up with GECs in HD market revenue slice?

• Thread starter ratedr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 3,065
Sarkar said:
U are living in dream. Real story is that the 4millions number is true. India doesn't have many HD subscriber as in large parts of India Digitization is yet to be implemented. :k
Analog cable is ruling the market with Rs 100 per month cost

Most HD subscribers are mainly attached to DTH as most MSOs are still unable to provide HD channels to its subscribers. Now Total active DTH subscriber is 40 millions. So out of that 40 millions 4 millions is HD

Even if its illegal their are many peoples using Indian DTH in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, GCC middle east, Malaysia, Singapore etc. Do you know Dish tru HD is also being used in Europe has per the dish tv SG distributor I know has told me that he has some dealers of dish TV international in turkey also. If I am living in the dream then isn't hotbird satellite a European and middle eastern satellite and meant to be used in Europe and middle east only then why many peoples in asian countries you know which I am referring are using hotbird. So plz don't say that illegal stuff and that I am living in a dream. If big satellites like hotbird being used illegally outside of it's territory then Indian DTH companies are a open market for money. Bcuz every one wants to earn money has they have invested millions of dollars to make money not to go bankrupt watching for their illegal users :dodgy

Has you said above analog cable is the mainstream in India. Then DTH players won't care about illegal stuff like oversea customers to get revenue for their services ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock