No 4K Output From XStream Box

I've checked on my Airtel Xstream box in Amazon Prime for Sarileru Neekevvaru. It's shown as Ultra HD for me.

Also I've checked on Tata Sky Binge plus box as well. Here it's shown as HD 1080p. I've pointed same difference in my other post earlier. Don't know the reason.

I can also watch it thru the AP app on my LG TV. But I cannot see the resolution on my TV app.

Attached are the images from Airtel Xstream and Tata Sky Binge plus boxes.

Pl feel free to update your observations if any.

Thanks.
dgvV69p.jpg

ohO4teW.jpg
Oops!!! it looks bizarre for me, any idea why my xstream box not pushing 4k then?

Oops!!! it looks bizarre for me, any idea why my xstream box not pushing 4k then?

Even though Airtel XS box is showing Ultra HD and TS Binge+ box is showing HD 1080p, i feel there is no such visual difference. This is my personal observation. Since Airtel XS box is a 4K box, it might be showing as Ultra HD. But cant understand why TSB+ is not showing Ultra HD similarly even when it is also a 4K box. Even for Jack Ryan which is a HDR compliant, the TSB+ box showed only HDR HD 1080p while Airtel XS displayed HDR Ultra HD.

This is the connection setup of my devices. Both the Airtel XS and TSB+ boxes are connected to two different HDMI ports . My soundbar is connected to the LG TV via HDMI ARC port and Sound settings in the TV are set to use HDMI ARC.

Last edited:
Even though Airtel XS box is showing Ultra HD and TS Binge+ box is showing HD 1080p, i feel there is no such visual difference. This is my personal observation. Since Airtel XS box is a 4K box, it might be showing as Ultra HD. But cant understand why TSB+ is not showing Ultra HD similarly even when it is also a 4K box. Even for Jack Ryan which is a HDR compliant, the TSB+ box showed only HDR HD 1080p while Airtel XS displayed HDR Ultra HD.

This is the connection setup of my devices. Both the Airtel XS and TSB+ boxes are connected to two different HDMI ports . My soundbar is connected to the LG TV via HDMI ARC port and Sound settings in the TV are set to use HDMI ARC.
That's true, I too dont see any major difference in PQ but if you observe keenly you will surely feel. I have curved Samsung TV and I feel difference. If you see earlier comment in this thread from Anjan , he told to keep HDMI port in ARC and check. However I see you see UHD though you have not used HDMI ARC port. My setups are like below

1) XS->TV ( HDMI), TV->Marantz Amplifier ( Optical Cable) ..

2) XS-TV ( HDMI) and XS->Marantz ( Optical Cable)

That's true, I too dont see any major difference in PQ but if you observe keenly you will surely feel. I have curved Samsung TV and I feel difference. If you see earlier comment in this thread from Anjan , he told to keep HDMI port in ARC and check. However I see you see UHD though you have not used HDMI ARC port. My setups are like below

1) XS->TV ( HDMI), TV->Marantz Amplifier ( Optical Cable) ..

2) XS-TV ( HDMI) and XS->Marantz ( Optical Cable)
Please ensure u r using hdmi 2.0 cable and not using the hdmi 1.4 cable.......that could be the reason..
U can verify thru settings --> advanced settings --> system diagnostics --> hdmi. In the airtel xstream box.... It will show the max resolution of the tv connected thru hdmi

5bWNvjE.jpg

Please ensure u r using hdmi 2.0 cable and not using the hdmi 1.4 cable.......that could be the reason..
U can verify thru settings --> advanced settings --> system diagnostics --> hdmi. In the airtel xstream box.... It will show the max resolution of the tv connected thru hdmi

5bWNvjE.jpg
Hello Pons, I will check and let you know next week. I am out of station this week. Btw, why your resolution is 1080?

Hello Pons, I will check and let you know next week. I am out of station this week. Btw, why your resolution is 1080?
Using it in my bedroom with 43" lg Hdtv and 2.1 soundbar due to the dolby audio issues.... Have 55" inch 4k mitv in hall with act 4k box and onkyo home theater

Last edited:
Using it in my bedroom with 43" lg Hdtv and 2.1 soundbar due to the dolby audio issues.... Have 55" inch 4k mitv in hall with act 4k box and onkyo home theater
Pons, sorry, I could not reply you due to this lock down. Finally I managed to be home and checked this point. I can see Resolution as 3840 × 216060hz but when I play any 4K enabled movie I get only in HD. Any further help, please.

I've checked on my Airtel Xstream box in Amazon Prime for Sarileru Neekevvaru. It's shown as Ultra HD for me.

Also I've checked on Tata Sky Binge plus box as well. Here it's shown as HD 1080p. I've pointed same difference in my other post earlier. Don't know the reason.

I can also watch it thru the AP app on my LG TV. But I cannot see the resolution on my TV app.

Attached are the images from Airtel Xstream and Tata Sky Binge plus boxes.

Pl feel free to update your observations if any.

Thanks.
dgvV69p.jpg

ohO4teW.jpg
Chandra, any further help from your end, please?

I don't think Xtream has native 4K resolution. It can play content in 4K but it is outputting to TV in 1080p only.

Can anyone verify this? On Sony tvs, if you press 'Display' button on remote, it will show the resolution of the HDMI source. On Samsung TVs, it is the 'Info' button on remote.

I will post photos later.

I don't think Xtream has native 4K resolution. It can play content in 4K but it is outputting to TV in 1080p only.

Can anyone verify this? On Sony tvs, if you press 'Display' button on remote, it will show the resolution of the HDMI source. On Samsung TVs, it is the 'Info' button on remote.

I will post photos later.
Bro, I am getting UHD in Xstream

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock