NP Singh to step down as MD and CEO of SPNI

• Thread starter Shark
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 3,749

Sony Pictures Networks India hires Disney Star’s Gaurav Banerjee as CEO, replacing NP Singh | Company Business News

Gaurav Banerjee is right CEO for Sony ?
Instead sony should go for Danish Khan or Saugata Mukherjee of Sony LIV

At Disney Star, Banerjee oversaw content for Hindi entertainment and Disney+ Hotstar, and served as business head for Star Bharat, as well as Hindi and English movies, kids & infotainment, and regional (east) channels.

I don't think so except Star Plus all his content genre are Flop since long be it Disney+Hotstar or Star Bharat, East Regional channels Like Star Kiran are all Flop under him
Ok and also this news is not official that Gaurav Banerjee will be ceo. Let's see what happens. I want right CEO for Sony.

Farewell to a real legend. Throughout his tenure he ensured that Sony as a broadcaster stayed lean, mean and fit, instead of branching out into multiple languages and genres (which could very well have dragged it down) — and which it would definitely have spread into had the Zee merger gone through. This is why Sony, despite its small size and despite losing the IPL and several other properties, lives on to fight well after the Zee merger collapsed.

Read this interview from a couple of years ago to know just how solid (and humble) the guy is. Singh saab, tussi great ho! :clap2:
The man in the background: Meet NP Singh, CEO, Sony Pictures Networks India
But they are struggling in Hindi movie space losing out on several popular movies and now they are forced to repeat same titles on every channel they should have acquired at least 2-3 big films every year just to spend less they are acquiring craps since last many years which don't help them this strategy helped them initially but this is not right streagy in long run

Sony Pictures Networks India hires Disney Star’s Gaurav Banerjee as CEO, replacing NP Singh | Company Business News

Gaurav Banerjee is right CEO for Sony ?
Entire Sony Television network is almost equal to what Gaurav Banerjee headed a part in Disney Star. He can manage, but it will be different from NP Singh.
But IMO Sony could have promote one instead of bringing an outsider.

At Disney Star, Banerjee oversaw content for Hindi entertainment and Disney+ Hotstar, and served as business head for Star Bharat, as well as Hindi and English movies, kids & infotainment, and regional (east) channels.

I don't think so except Star Plus all his content genre are Flop since long be it Disney+Hotstar or Star Bharat, East Regional channels Like Star Kiran are all Flop under him
He boistered Star Gold movie Acquisition I hope he renews deals with YRF

I feel neeraj vyas should have resigned instead of np Singh
Neeraj Vyas is the man behind the success of sony sab. Sony max didn't lose any money under him. Acquisition cost is low under him. Under sony max or sony sab lose money, he is staying at sony

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock