NP Singh to step down as MD and CEO of SPNI

• Thread starter Shark
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 3,730

Shark

Reaction score
Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) has begun the hunt for MD and CEO NP Singh's successor, following which he will transition to an advisory role.
Singh, who has been with the company since 1999, will continue to lead SPNI as its MD and CEO until a new successor has been found
"Today, I have a significant update to share. After nearly 44 years in my career, including a rewarding 25-year tenure at SPNI, I have decided to move on from my role as MD and CEO," Singh said in an internal email.

Farewell to a real legend. Throughout his tenure he ensured that Sony as a broadcaster stayed lean, mean and fit, instead of branching out into multiple languages and genres (which could very well have dragged it down) — and which it would definitely have spread into had the Zee merger gone through. This is why Sony, despite its small size and despite losing the IPL and several other properties, lives on to fight well after the Zee merger collapsed.

Read this interview from a couple of years ago to know just how solid (and humble) the guy is. Singh saab, tussi great ho! :clap2:
The man in the background: Meet NP Singh, CEO, Sony Pictures Networks India

Sony network faced a lots of ups and downs in his tenure.

Positives:
1. Acquisition of Ten Sports
2. Launch of Sony Liv.
3. The network is one of the most profitable entertainment companies in India.
4. First ten seasons of IPL on Sony Max— it made IPL what it is today!

Negatives
1. Failed merger with Zee.
2. Sony's conservative approach in movie acquisition, channel launches and shutdown of popular channels like Sony Mix, Sony le Plex hd, axn etc
3. Failure to acquire IPL, ICC rights
4. Everlasting struggle of Sony Entertainment Television in terms of TRP.

Only thing I did not like about his tenure is the shutdown of AXN and Swapping of Animax with Yay without any prior information to customer other than that rest is good.

Negatives
2. Sony's conservative approach in movie acquisition, channel launches and shutdown of popular channels like Sony Mix, Sony le Plex hd, axn etc
Zee merger failure is because of one person, that person is Punit Goenka, no one else can't be blamed.
IPL, ICC rights cost too much. Star is bleeding basically because of these rights.

Sony network faced a lots of ups and downs in his tenure.

Positives:
1. Acquisition of Ten Sports
2. Launch of Sony Liv.
3. The network is one of the most profitable entertainment companies in India.
4. First ten seasons of IPL on Sony Max— it made IPL what it is today!

Negatives
Np Singh sir brought KBC also on set india

Sony Pictures Networks India hires Disney Star’s Gaurav Banerjee as CEO, replacing NP Singh | Company Business News

Gaurav Banerjee is right CEO for Sony ?

Sony Pictures Networks India hires Disney Star’s Gaurav Banerjee as CEO, replacing NP Singh.

Gaurav Banerjee is right CEO for Sony ?
At Disney Star, Banerjee oversaw content for Hindi entertainment and Disney+ Hotstar, and served as business head for Star Bharat, as well as Hindi and English movies, kids & infotainment, and regional (east) channels.

I don't think so except Star Plus all his content genre are Flop since long be it Disney+Hotstar or Star Bharat, East Regional channels Like Star Kiran are all Flop under him

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock