Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important clauses have been struck down by the court. The order has become toothless again. Only relief is for those who subscribe al-a-carte. Renamed the thread title accordingly.

Important clauses have been struck down by the court. The order has become toothless again. Only relief is for those who subscribe al-a-carte. Renamed the thread title accordingly.
I hope trai appeals in SC as NTO 1.0 was held valid in to-to by SC which had 80% discount ceiling too. Trai didn't enforce the clause that time. Consumers facing heat till now.
Now bombay HC judgement striking down bouquet price regulations of NTO2 are not in sync with earlier SC judgement.
This is just delay tactics. Hope SC will correct the anomaly of this judgement.

Last edited:
I hope trai appeals in SC as NTO 1.0 was held valid in to-to by SC which had 80% discount ceiling too. Trai didn't enforce the clause that time. Consumers facing heat till now.
Now bombay HC judgement striking down bouquet price regulations of NTO2 are not in sync with earlier SC judgement.
This is just delay tactics. Hope SC will correct the anomaly of this judgement.
This was exactly what happened with NTO 1.0 as well. 15 percent discount clause was struck down by the Madras High Court and TRAI appealed in SC. They didn't implement it even though SC upheld it. At that time RS Sharma was at the helm, but that's not the case now. I think TRAI will let this go. I don't see an appeal coming.

This was exactly what happened with NTO 1.0 as well. 15 percent discount clause was struck down by the Madras High Court and TRAI appealed in SC. They didn't implement it even though SC upheld it. At that time RS Sharma was at the helm, but that's not the case now. I think TRAI will let this go. I don't see an appeal coming.
Yes even I do not see appealing because this is a win win situation for both trai and broadcasters....🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock