Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
After broadcaster reach Superme court
Broadcaster to trai war will go on.....

A senior lawyer said that the deadline to file RIOs will end today, however, the Bombay High Court had shared the order copy one week after pronouncing the judgement. “The order was pronounced on 30th June, but the order copy was made available only a week after, so in that sense the six-week deadline will end next week,” the lawyer said.

Will the broadcasters not be in violation of the Bombay HC order if they don't file RIOs? The lawyer said that the broadcasters will wait and watch as to what steps the TRAI will take. “If TRAI decides to take action against broadcasters for not filing RIOs then it will give broadcasters the impetus to seek interim relief from the Supreme Court,” he stated.

I think if TRAI sends notice, IBF will play victim card. So, TRAI will wait for next hearing on 18th.

Last edited:
A senior lawyer said that the deadline to file RIOs will end today, however, the Bombay High Court had shared the order copy one week after pronouncing the judgement. “The order was pronounced on 30th June, but the order copy was made available only a week after, so in that sense the six-week deadline will end next week,” the lawyer said.

Will the broadcasters not be in violation of the Bombay HC order if they don't file RIOs? The lawyer said that the broadcasters will wait and watch as to what steps the TRAI will take. “If TRAI decides to take action against broadcasters for not filing RIOs then it will give broadcasters the impetus to seek interim relief from the Supreme Court,” he stated.

I think TRAI sends notice notice, IBF will play victim card. So, TRAI will wait for next hearing on 18th.
Rightly said.... This is strategy followed by IBF to play victim card.... Even Trai had also said that they will behave like mature regulator and not take action until next hearing.... Both are strategically 💪... Let us wait and watch... Who adopts good strategy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock