Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone are the days when we had the Rs 99 pack on Tata Sky and other dth platforms, which gave nearly 100+ channels and one free regional pack.🙁
what is the necessity for NCF? previously, it was not there right

Exactly. Even I don't understand it. We have to pay 153 rupees for watching the so called free to air channels.
NCF is paid to DTH/ Cable operators to carry free channels. This is one of the main revenue to operators. I'm sure they must have had this in another form even before NTO 1. We didn't know as we didn't get the breakup in invoice. In fact, normal viewers like us didn't even know which one was paid and which one was a free channel.

Don't blame TRAI guys for price hikes. Broadcasters are the one to be blamed for price hikes. Broadcasters seems to be more comfortable with the earlier revenue model and hence want to price the bouquets high and blame TRAI for that. They (not all) need a bite of revenue in everything that they possibly can. TRAI doesn't want us to pay more. They have a good intention of bringing transperency and choice. When broadcasters exploit NTO 1 they bring NTO 2 and will also bring NTO 3 and so on. These are beneficial in the long run to the end customers. TRAI is working only for the benefit of us. Just don't lose hopes and have some patience.

PS: I'm not a person from TRAI. Just expressing my view. :)

Last edited:
NCF is paid to DTH/ Cable operators to carry free channels. This is one of the main revenue to operators. I'm sure they must have had this in another form even before NTO 1. We didn't know as we didn't get the breakup in invoice. In fact, normal viewers like us didn't even know which one was paid and which one was a free channel.

Don't blame TRAI guys for price hikes. Broadcasters are the one to be blamed for price hikes. Broadcasters seems to be more comfortable with the earlier revenue model and hence want to price the bouquets high and blame TRAI for that. They (not all) need a bite of revenue in everything that they possibly can. TRAI doesn't want us to pay more. They have a good intention of bringing transperency and choice. When broadcasters exploit NTO 1 they bring NTO 2 and will also bring NTO 3 and so on. These are beneficial in the long run to the end customers. TRAI is working only for the benefit of us. Just don't lose hopes and have some patience.

PS: I'm not a person from TRAI. Just expressing my view. :)
18% Tax and capping floor pricing to ₹130 is still high.

18% Tax and capping floor pricing to ₹130 is still high.
Yeah, 130 NCF is quite high. Can be reconsidered. Anyway, operators offer discount on NCF on some of their operator packs. I'm comfortable with this and this won't change even if I add Broadcaster Bouquets and a la carte channels.

TRAI had nothing to do with GST. It is decided by indirect tax department of the government.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom