Breaking NTO 2.0 To Be Implemented From 1st February 2023

Still not clear what the substitutions would be to the above mentioned provisions. Will have to wait to see what changes r brought about and to whom they r likely to most benefit

Under NTO 2.0 DPO Packs Will Be Cheaper Than Now,,,

All DTHs Have Made Very Good Deals With Broadcasters,,,

But anna i don't think operators will b able to sign advance deals with broadcasters like they did in Pre NTO era, if they indulge in such practices they will surely b caught and maybe even penalised by the government.

Also i am certain TRAI will not make amendments to NTO 2.0 which entirely make it favorable to broadcasters. Let us wait for official gazette or changes to b announced

But anna i don't think operators will b able to sign advance deals with broadcasters like they did in Pre NTO era, if they indulge in such practices they will surely b caught and maybe even penalised by the government.

Also i am certain TRAI will not make amendments to NTO 2.0 which entirely make it favorable to broadcasters. Let us wait for official gazette or changes to b announced

RIO Agreement Signing - Legal One (For The Sake Of Following Norms) - This Would Happen Periodically Like Yearly Once,,,

Deals - Real Hero Behind The DPO Packs (It's Done Already By The DPOs)

RIO Agreement Signing - Legal One (For The Sake Of Following Norms) - This Would Happen Periodically Like Yearly Once,,,

Deals - Real Hero Behind The DPO Packs (It's Done Already By The DPOs)

Anna , few weeks back i had already explained why operators cannot indulge in such practices.... If they do any such thing they will surely be caught. Here is that post

Last edited:
Here is the post which i was referring to above

This is totally impractical and cannot be implemented successfully . Below r the reasons -

- If an operator has signed fixed agreement with a broadcaster say for 1000 Rs./month wherein broadcasters get this amount in advance while operator gets freedom to package/distribute channels among customers and collect all the revenue. Now firstly broadcasters will not agree for a lower monthly/semi annual / annual amount and operators won't b willing to pay a high amount specially incase they go for long period deal as there is a high possibility of them suffering losses bcoz of actual subscription numbers being low... Remember they still have to price these channels as per RIO pricing and even pass on discounts on channels, NCF etc. to retain customers.

- Secondly and most importantly operators will have to update in subscriber audit database the details as per actual bouquet / standalone pricing regarding how many subscribers have opted for which channels / bouquet..... Impossible to exactly divide the revenue generated thru fixed deal agreement into such classification and most importantly the system inplace for audit/customer subscription management is fullproof and automated wherein whatever changes customer makes in his or her account, same is stored/registered automatically at given point in that database.

So all in all it is not feasible for any operator to not comply with rules hence i do not think Tata Play will b entering any such agreement with broadcasters. Lastly even if some operator does try this then just like u have got information ( which still i am not sure about if really Tata Play has really decided to do this though i trust the information you get from your sources) then some rival or other person/entity/TRAI will get to know about it and operator is likely to face penalty/action. With all these risks involved any operator will not take steps which r not compliant with laid down rules and regulations.

Anna , few weeks back i had already explained why operators cannot indulge in such practices.... If they do any such thing they will surely be caught. Here is that post

Yeah That's What TRAI Says But Broadcasters Have Other Ways Buddy,,,,

I Can't Explain In Forum But I Know How They're Doing It,,,

So Just Chill And Enjoy NTO 2.0

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock