Breaking NXT Digital / In Digital new A-La-Carte & Packages w.e.f 29th Dec (New TRAI Tariff)

choosing the channels / package is going to be tedious task...we need to check each Aggregator instead of choosing by language or category. It will not help everyone.

Its soo confusing, people will end up taking all channels then

Last edited:
After going through, These packages seem to be customized, since HD Bouquets contain HD as well as few SD Channels.
Edit: Or is it that SD and HD versions of the same channel can't be in the same bouquet?

If ur taking HD bouquet, u will not get SD channels those have HD variants as ur getting the HD channels in that pack. U will get SD channels that doesnt have HD variants.

So in HD bouquets they cannot give SD and HD of same channel

I highly doubt LCO's will offer plans as per Broadcasters Bouquets.

As its too confusing for customers to select channels broadcaster's wise especially in CableTV Service as most of them wont have any online portal to select required channels.

IMO... From JAN 1st, as usual LCO's will loot customers by offering them all channels and increase the monthly price saying due to New Tariff Order instead of giving awareness actually what the new order is.

As its too confusing for customers to select channels broadcaster's wise especially in CableTV Service as most of them wont have any online portal to select required channels.

IMO... From JAN 1st, as usual LCO's will loot customers by offering them all channels and increase the monthly price saying due to New Tariff Order instead of giving awareness actually what the new order is.

Can they do so ??? As SD and HD channels cannot be combined and given in one package

I don't know what the scene will be

Can they do so ??? As SD and HD channels cannot be combined and given in one package

I don't know what the scene will be
Mostly Yes, Same Channel SD and HD feed shouldn't be in single pack but we can subscribe both feeds with two SD & HD Bouquets.

Like DTHs users cabletv users wont have any online login portal. The only thing they have is Virtual/Smart Card Number inserted in the STB.

Generally single pack of all SD & HD Channels is offered at different prices depending on LCOs.

The only way i find is With VC/Smart Card Number Customer subcribing to his required channels manually like filling a form and selecting the bouquets.

Its almost impossible to follow manual method by every customer. So, instead of all this confusion LCOs will be offering all channels as usual.

Last edited:

not all LCO's can do that, they might think of charging more but then would still need to comply with the order, even to keep the current offered channels then they'd need to subscribe for multiple packages for a single subscriber, which would be a tedious process for them and also way costlier than current offering.

Mostly Yes, like DTHs users cabletv users wont have any online login portal.

Generally single pack of all SD & HD Channels is offered at different prices depending on LCOs.

Due to Lack of infrastructure its very difficult to migrate to New Tariff Order.
In Digital/NXT Digital do have a login portal, at least to subscribe channels.

In Digital/NXT Digital do have a login portal, at least to subscribe channels.
There's only few CableTV Services which has login portal. There are plenty of local cable networks without Online Portal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock