Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan to get replaced by an Indian singer

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The ongoing protest on Pakistani artists is just heating up. After Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan and singer Atif Aslam, now ace Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan ’s romantic track, Maine socha na tha for film, Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana, will be replaced by an Indian singer. As per reports in Mumbai Mirror producer TP Aggarwal is planning to replace the singer and they are even gearing up to inform Rahat about it.

While talking to a tabloid, producer Aggarwal revealed the reason behind replacing Rahat. “We didn’t want to do this because it’s a lovely song. Rahat is a great singer and he has sung it beautifully. However, my bone of contention is that neither he nor any of the other Pakistani artistes in India have condemned the attack. After the Peshawar attacks, we had started one of our meetings at the Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association (IMPAA) with a tribute to the victims and survivors.”

The film features Vivaan Shah, Kamal Haasan’s younger daughter Akshara Haasan, television actor Gurmeet Choudhary and Kavitta Varma in pivotal roles. It revolves around a royal marriage and characters who are hilariously trapped in their own tragedies. The song was picturised on Vivaan and Akshara in Kashmir this March.
The producer feels he should better promote Indian talent rather than ones from Pakistan. Also the film director Manish Harishankar added his views, “They (Pak artistes) make good money here and also enjoy a lot of fame. I know they speak well of us but in a situation like this, it’s sad that they haven’t come out in support”.

Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan feels the pinch now, to get replaced by an Indian singer! - Bollywoodlife.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock