PEMRA destroys 500 illegal Indian DTH decoders

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Bro, whether it's good or bad for ur health ; It's all entertainment or additction & it's part of life :em

If something is illegal & damaging a country's economy , government has every right to control/eliminate that threat :k

We in SL also transfer a huge amount of money to India per year by using Indian DTH illegally. :-/

This breaks the import/export ratio and creates a currency devaluation and we end up paying Rs.145+ per US dollar without even knowing that we are the cause of such disaster.

I know that we will loose the chance of viewing many channels specially HD channels and be forced a pay a higher rental for fewer channels. Our choices would be limited. But, considering the long term effect on the economy, I would welcome if authorities become more strict on this.

I don't want the economy to collapse for my selfishness.

Art, culture, entertainment, music... these things cant be stopped. Its like a flowing river.

Whats gud, is gud... and will be appreciated by everyone irrespective of the nationalities/religions/caste/greed etc.

Indian TV content, and specially bollywood is almost in-separable now from the Pakistani ppl.
They have been watching Indian movies since decades.

No matter what, bollywood cant be separated from Pakistani ppl. :k

Likewise, Pakistani artist likes.. Nazia hassan, rahat fateh ali khan, Ustad nusrat fateh ali khan, ghulam ali etc have been loved in India as well.. as much as in Pakistan.

So, these things cant be stopped. :tup

UnlimitedBB said:
We in SL also transfer a huge amount of money to India per year by using Indian DTH illegally. :-/

This breaks the import/export ratio and creates a currency devaluation and we end up paying Rs.145+ per US dollar without even knowing that we are the cause of such disaster.

I know that we will loose the chance of viewing many channels specially HD channels and be forced a pay a higher rental for fewer channels. Our choices would be limited. But, considering the long term effect on the economy, I would welcome if authorities become more strict on this.

I don't want the economy to collapse for my selfishness.

Good decision :tup Now as a responsible citizen go to police station and lodge a complain against the dealer that he( from whom you got your D2h) is selling illegal Indian DTH :k

Sarkar said:
Good decision :tup Now as a responsible citizen go to police station and lodge a complain against the dealer that he( from whom you got your D2h) is selling illegal Indian DTH :k
Not possible, Sri Lanka does not have any laws regarding DTH industry yet. So, can't make any complaints yet.

UnlimitedBB said:
Not possible, Sri Lanka does not have any laws regarding DTH industry yet. So, can't make any complaints yet.

There must be some law against illegal downlinking of chs which are not permitted(but subscribers are doing exactly that by using indian DTH), Plz check information broadcasting ministry website

Sarkar said:
There must be some law against illegal downlinking of chs which are not permitted(but subscribers are doing exactly that by using indian DTH), Plz check information broadcasting ministry website
No bro, not a single law regarding satellites here. Anyone can downlink and uplink anything. That's why Dish TV started a base here and uplinking Pakistani channels which is not possible within India.

UnlimitedBB said:
No bro, not a single law regarding satellites here. Anyone can downlink and uplink anything. That's why Dish TV started a base here and uplinking Pakistani channels which is not possible within India.

So SL govt don't get any revenue from channels as no license required :skd

Sarkar said:

There r laws for illegal use..
But SL is different kettle of fish comparing with Pakistan, who spends portion of their budget in fighting with India :lol;)

Also DishLanka enables everyone to set up their dish & use any receiver inside the house :D:p

Sarkar said:

They get revenue only from the taxes of local DTH/Cable providers and licenses are only given for local channels for transmitting via analog antennas.

Sarkar said:

Yeah :lol Like no country is paid from Airlines for using their sky :shy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock