Seeking Help PHOTO - What is wrong with my set up? Can't get some channels

That's what I think. But why does it only affect certain channels? The home transponder shows very strong signal and quality. I thought all transponders come from the same place in the sky? So if one is giving strong signal, the other should too. Anyway, I'll try moving the dish a little and see.
Transponder signals varies from one to other on same satellite.

Don't try realigning dish if you are not confident as you will facr total blackout.

I am getting about 75-80% signal and 13-14 in signal quality. Both are showing green, and in both LNBs.

Could it be something to do with the software being not up-to-date? It was updated in 2016 or 2017. It shows TRAI prices etc. I tried to get it to manually update, but didn't work. Perhaps because it's HD DVR.
Check Which type TPs signal Getting Lost? may be vertical RPs. Little rotate your LNB and try it.

I fixed the issue.

As I said, this an old HD DVR with support for two LNBs. So I aligned a spare dish I had (used for ABS earlier) to Airtel by looking at Airtel's dish, then connected the second LNB slot to the LNB on this dish.

Now Airtel STB is connected to two dish at the same time, and all channels are coming. It shows decent signal in both LNBs. I think the two dish solution works because the missing channels are coming from the second one, even though it too has some tree problem.

I would like to thank @rikininetysix, @Bapun Raz and @mss for their suggestions.

Last edited:
HD DVR carries two cables. Check whether both the cables are connected both at STB and LNB end properly. Even after this you will not get your problem solved, then replace the LNB (single LNB with two cable outputs). When I faced similar problem with my Airtel HD DVR, I changed the LNB and my problem was solved.
You can get it in amazon.
Buy Solid Universal Twin Output LNB Ku-Band Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

As I said, this an old HD DVR with support for two LNBs. So I aligned a spare dish I had (used for ABS earlier) to Airtel by looking at Airtel's dish, then connected the second LNB slot to the LNB on this dish.
Its actually a facepalm 🤦‍♂️ moment, none of us asked whether you have plugged cable into both Dish IN ports. I have had this issue before on old TS HD DVR.😂

But I had plugged it in. You can see both wires in the photo. What I did now was I took out one of the cables and connected it to another dish altogether, located about 3 meters away. That one also has some tree cover, but it's a different tree. :D Now, it's pulling signals from two separate dish and working fine. I also feel that the picture quality of the old DVR stb is better than the new, cheap STBs that airtel gives (non-dvr), which is why I haven't thrown it out yet and replaced it with a less painful machine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock