{Pics} Tracked "Laosat @128e" near Indo-Nepal border

• Thread starter arp91
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 3,442
Newb_Dxer said:
What is ffserver ?
I am also using ubuntu as Windows had slowed down after my hard disk crashed.

Off Topic :Do you know how to revert back to Windows and Chrome browser as each time I switch on laptop it goes straight to Ubuntu browser and their is no option for windows.

ffserver is part of ffmpeg and "FFmpeg is a free software project that produces libraries and programs for handling multimedia data. Wikipedia", basically it can play any video format, encode them to various popular formats like mpg,mkv mpeg4, wmv and many more. So, ffserver allows you to stream your laptop webcam video over networked devices or even over internet. In this case I just start wifi tethering ( I don't need to have internet as it is local network) and start ffserver server to stream my webcam to my android phone. Then I need ip address and port of the stream to open it with mx player or any other video player. By doing this I don't have to carry my tv on the roof to set dish.

Last edited by a moderator:
arp91 said:
ffserver is part of ffmpeg and "FFmpeg is a free software project that produces libraries and programs for handling multimedia data. Wikipedia", basically it can play any video format, encode them to various popular formats like mpg,mkv mpeg4, wmv and many more. So, ffserver allows you to stream your laptop webcam video over networked devices or even over internet. In this case I just start wifi tethering ( I don't need to have internet as it is local network) and start ffserver server to stream my webcam to my android phone. Then I need ip address and port of the stream to open it with mx player or any other video player. By doing this I don't have to carry my tv on the roof to set dish.

Ubuntu browser? Or grub screen where you choose ubuntu version? Just update grub, if you have windows installed on another partition it will pick up , then you will get option to start windows along with ubuntu.

arp91 said:
Ubuntu browser? Or grub screen where you choose ubuntu version? Just update grub, if you have windows installed on another partition it will pick up , then you will get option to start windows along with ubuntu.

I am software developer, dishtracking is my hobby, I am thinking about writing a windows application with graphical user interface for a webcam server running with ffserver. There are other streaming softwares, but I think this will be very easy to use and will help lots of people who track satellites. Since more people use windows rather than linux, I will target windows.

shawl_who said:
thanks for the screens :clap

So this is indeed laosat @128e, as u r getting 2 freq from laosat.
Few speculated, this tp to be on jcsat 4b @124e.

I fail to understand one thing, people from UP to Delhi can get thaicom 78e on 2ft a dish, but I can't get it at my location, this beam being eastern should be easily gettable here, but never managed to get it.

arp91 said:
I am software developer, dishtracking is my hobby, I am thinking about writing a windows application with graphical user interface for a webcam server running with ffserver. There are other streaming softwares, but I think this will be very easy to use and will help lots of people who track satellites. Since more people use windows rather than linux, I will target windows.

Please move this topic on Linux and Ubuntu to some other section as I think it is getting off topic here.

Newb_Dxer said:
arp91 Bro,

But I am geting these channels on 10850 H TP from 3 am to about 2 pm but nothing on 10730 TP !
In fact there is no signal on 10730.

One reason why I am getting about 30 to 45% signal on 10850 TP is because I am tuned into 2 satellites ie Telstar@138e and Laosat@128e with a Monoblock LNB on the same DishTV 70 cm dish.

I can easily increase the Laosat signal to 60% but then Telstar is lost .

Please try 10850 TP and post the ss here.

c9d5743862d97ee6a1372d55b043e142.jpg
d82b7301c9cbbdf791dd28de8b0b25df.jpg

Euro News is not on 10850 H TP.It is on 10730 but scrambled.

Please post pictures of 10850 TP signal after changing LNB frequency to 9750/10600.

In your case it is 10849 H.
The 49 FTA channels are available only on 10850 H TP.How are you getting more than 100 channels FTA ?

Newb_Dxer said:
Euro News is not on 10850 H TP.It is on 10730 but scrambled.

Please post pictures of 10850 TP signal after changing LNB frequency to 9750/10600.

In your case it is 10849 H.
The 49 FTA channels are available only on 10850 H TP.How are you getting more than 100 channels FTA ?

I told you I am getting 3tps and yes 110 channels, and my lnb frequency is already 9750-10600. 49 fta channels are on 10850. And you are right about euro news.

arp91 said:
I told you I am getting 3tps and yes 110 channels, and my lnb frequency is already 9750-10600. 49 fta channels are on 10850. And you are right about euro news.

OK,

How much signal are you getting on 10850 ?

I mentioned 49 channels as 1 out of 50 channels on 10850 is scrambled.

Thanks for confirming

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock