Please remove the crap channels and add demanding channels

ayanc99 said:
which they feel there won't be any takers for the same based on their arpu from current subscribers and that's the reason they are not putting it on their platform.

I think,the addition of SW Premier HD made them to think twice before adding such highly priced channels........

ayanc99 said:
But the a la carte price is very steep, nearly 150/- which they feel there won't be any takers for the same based on their arpu from current subscribers and that's the reason they are not putting it on their platform. He gave an example of sony six HD whose a la carte rio is 500/- per month if there are less than 5000 subscribers!

Sony Six HD at 500rs per month??

Anmol said:
Sony Six HD at 500rs per month??

Yes. Rio price for sony six HD is Rs. 500/- per month if the total number of subscribers is less than or equal to 5000. Check out the rio for all channels forming part of the one alliance. Issue is if there are not enough subscribers for one specific channel, say less than 5000 etc. then the dth provider has to pay a very high price to the broadcaster which it obviously cannot recover from its subscribers, thus resulting in losses to it. My suggestion is to start an online petition for most demanded channels like star sports 2, hbo defined n hits etc. and get atleast 10000 signatures and then submit the same to d2h. Maybe put in our customer I'd which would make it genuine. Also the data can be kept encrypted so that no one can access it except the administrator. This is just a suggestion to fast track these channel additions. We can have a shot through this method although there is no guarantee for the same.

ayanc99 said:
Yes. Rio price for sony six HD is Rs. 500/- per month if the total number of subscribers is less than or equal to 5000. Check out the rio for all channels forming part of the one alliance. Issue is if there are not enough subscribers for one specific channel, say less than 5000 etc. then the dth provider has to pay a very high price to the broadcaster which it obviously cannot recover from its subscribers, thus resulting in losses to it. My suggestion is to start an online petition for most demanded channels like star sports 2, hbo defined n hits etc. and get atleast 10000 signatures and then submit the same to d2h. Maybe put in our customer I'd which would make it genuine. Also the data can be kept encrypted so that no one can access it except the administrator. This is just a suggestion to fast track these channel additions. We can have a shot through this method although there is no guarantee for the same.

For sony six HD
Number of Subscribers 0 -2,00,000,500.00 INR,
2,00,001-5,00,000,300.00 INR
5,00,001 and above 99.00 INR
https://www.setdiscovery.com/msmdiscovery/pdf/RIO-DTH.pdf

Jerome.J said:
For sony six HD
Number of Subscribers 0 -2,00,000,500.00 INR,
2,00,001-5,00,000,300.00 INR
5,00,001 and above 99.00 INR
https://www.setdiscovery.com/msmdiscovery/pdf/RIO-DTH.pdf
So if there are 5 lakh subscribers then they will make around Rs 5 crs from a single DTH!

ayanc99 said:
My suggestion is to start an online petition for most demanded channels like star sports 2, hbo defined n hits etc. and get atleast 10000 signatures and then submit the same to d2h. Maybe put in our customer I'd which would make it genuine. .......
I think you can start DDF poll for members or public poll for general public....:k:

NinadG said:
So if there are 5 lakh subscribers then they will make around Rs 5 crs from a single DTH!

Yes....5crs/month

The interesting part is that they will get 10crs for 2 lakh subscribers....so every dth will try to increase the number of viewers of the channel....you will get a clear idea for one alliance channels from https://www.setdiscovery.com/msmdiscovery/index.html

BTW shagun TV is just showing colour bars from last few weeks?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock