[Query & Views] Weather disturbance in C band transmission due to rains

omparkash sharma said:
Here are No any Problem on C Band Signals on heavy Rain, I think it is Depend on Signal Level and Quality, If we get Maximum Signal level and quality I think no any disturbance...m using All satellite on 12 Feet Dish And Get Good Quality Signal level So No any disturbance On heavy Rains .

Actually size of a dish is a major factor too. Its similar to Ku band theory, where in we know that a large size Ku band dish doesnt get effected during weather disturbance due to rain. Similarly i believe is the case in C band... 12 ft dish is less likely to get effected in weather disturbance than a 6ft or a 8ft dish :)

And depends on the location too. In desert area like rajasthan, rain is less, but dish is more prone to desert sand storm especially during summers, i know the conditions since i have spent 3 years in rajasthan. While in place like belgaum (karnataka), we have the rain problem in monsoons...

The best solution is to know about dish care and solutions during extreme weather :)

Dear also check your lnb, c-band hardly effects with rain, change ur lnb and see what result u will get?

kami2k said:
Dear also check your lnb, c-band hardly effects with rain, change ur lnb and see what result u will get?

thanks for the suggestion... No problem with lnbf... have already checked it :)

kami2k said:
Ok bro then connectors etc, cable etc ;)

i have checked everything, as i have mentioned above there was water seepage in connectors after rectifying it, the signal have been restored.... The sole motive of opening this thread is to discuss the solutions and care of dish equipment during bad weather :) especially in monsoon rain (in south, east and west india) and not to forget the sand storms in desert areas of rajasthan... And may be protection of equipment due to heavy snow in areas like HP and Jammu and Kashmir..

Bapun Raz said:
Yeah size too matters. 6ft dishes will be effected first then 8ft/9ft and 12ft will be less effected.
yes i agree.. same as Ku band theory... :k

C band transmission is almost not affected by weather. Ku band is very sensitive. Corrosion or bad contacts due to water entry is different thing.

mehra said:
C band transmission is almost not affected by weather. Ku band is very sensitive. Corrosion or bad contacts due to water entry is different thing.
This thread has been created to discuss the same....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock