Breaking Reliance and Disney Announce Strategic Joint Venture

Disney will surely not shutdown its kids channels which have huge viewer base among kids and so is the case with Viacom18 kids channels.....maybe few chs like Disney Junior and Nick Junior might get clubbed into a single channel which shall air mix of context content , also few changes most likely will happen in their Hindi Movie Channels.

.... Also if sony buys paramount then wr may see Nick and other of its channels in India exiting partnership with Network18 and becoming part of Sony India Bouquet.

What i am sure about is that certain sports channels from Star Sports / Sports18 will see shutdown or changes

Anyways all depends on what are the views of CCI after Viacom18-Star Disney r able present before them strong / valid answers as to how with minimal / decided upon changes there will still be fair + balanced competition continuing in respective genres
Sony takeover of paramount is not gonna happen. Sony is already backing off. They will face scrutiny in Japan also lot of rules are there in US which will effect the deal.

If in case sony gets paramount with Apollo management also, they only want paramount pictures. They will sell off nick and mtv to some 3rd party vendor .

Nick is most popular brand in india.

Except hungama and disney all other disney related kids channels will shutdown.

Sony takeover of paramount is not gonna happen. Sony is already backing off. They will face scrutiny in Japan also lot of rules are there in US which will effect the deal.

If in case sony gets paramount with Apollo management also, they only want paramount pictures. They will sell off nick and mtv to some 3rd party vendor .

Nick is most popular brand in india.

Except hungama and disney all other disney related kids channels will shutdown.

Sony is not backing off , infact they r moving closer to signing the deal....Please search for related articles on Google.

Also unlikely that TV + Streaming business will be excluded from it, already shareholders of Sony have expressed concern over it and 2ndly if same happens rest be assured that in India Sony will surely try to include TV Channels as part of the deal...for the OTT business of Paramount Sony might continue to have movie output deals with rival platforms rather than make such content part of own OTT platform.

Let's wait to see what happens, if Sony gains control of Nick, Nick HD, Nick Junior then all Disney Channels will continue even after merger with Viacom18 else some changes might happen

Hindi, Kannada ,Marathi, kids, Sports and Streaming are questioned.

Both Disney and Digital18 have argued that it wont impact freedom of advertisers. CCI has taken their words and will have a closer look.

Disney will likely shutdown its channels in Kids, and Digital 18 will shut down sports. As of now no news on merger of streaming service

Already mentioned in previous articles that Jio Cinema will get access to Disney/Marvel/20th Century movies + shows....so maybe they will club both the apps or keep some differentiation while continuing separately

All Star Channels and Viacom18 channels will rebrand to a one brand? Eg, Sports18 1 and Star sports 1 exists.
What will happen to Hotstar, it was rebranded to Disney+ Hotstar, later😂😂😂

I am looking forward to ESPN making a comeback.

Since Viacom (Paramount) has exited Viacom18 so i guess it would have been decided to absorb /merge Viacom18 into Star India thereby making way for dropping Viacom branding as and when the mega deal comes into effect in 2025

I am looking forward to ESPN making a comeback.

Since Viacom (Paramount) has exited Viacom18 so i guess it would have been decided to absorb /merge Viacom18 into Star India thereby making way for dropping Viacom branding as and when the mega deal comes into effect in 2025
Right, Disney star and Viacom18 have to merge into one entity. But I think about the channel branding, colors or star or both or any new name?

Right, Disney star and Viacom18 have to merge into one entity. But I think about the channel branding, colors or star or both or any new name?
It will be STAR brand only, Colors might rename Star Colors.

All Star Channels and Viacom18 channels will rebrand to a one brand? Eg, Sports18 1 and Star sports 1 exists.
What will happen to Hotstar, it was rebranded to Disney+ Hotstar, later😂😂😂
Sports18 channels will be shutdown and Disney+Hotstar might rename Jio hotstar.

It will be STAR brand only, Colors might rename Star Colors.

No buddy....colors branding for channels will most likely continue to be used just like Disney / Star channels which most probably shall not see any name change

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock