Removed OTA 500 from Skyworth STBs (7211 & 5211)

Dth Thrissur

Reaction score
Due to some operational challenges, ADTV removed OTA 500 from Skyworth STBs (7211 & 5211) and put OTA ver 457 in the manual Mode for the same.
Hence all new installation for Skyworth STBs would be there with EPG ver 457 only and the same will be downloaded through manual OTA.

Please download the OTA manually to resolve the issue of blank screen reported during last few days.

Please find below the manual OTA process for your quick reference .
Manual OTA Process :-
Step-1) Reboot / Restart the STB then
Step-2) on getting "please wait initializing….." on TV screen press Exit button on RCU (remote control unit of STB ) for four times then press
Step-3 :-numeric key 2 - 4 - 6 - 5 on RCU. i.e. (2465) If it's not working try 2485
Step-4:-Then allow the OTA download to get completed till 100%…

So now we press the exit button 4 times, earlier it was 2 or 3 times I guess.
Rest procedure is same as before. :)

Release 500 is having loads of bugs.. specialy with twitter, and screen shortening, lcn window shortening... etc.
457 release was better anytime.

shawl_who said:
Release 500 is having loads of bugs.. specialy with twitter, and screen shortening, lcn window shortening... etc.
457 release was better anytime.

can I roll back to the earlier 457 version by the above procedure, i am currently getting 500 it has lot of issues and following the above procedure will it install OTA 500 again or 457 the earlier one? Also the current download status is idle right now for me.

rahul1117kumar said:
can I roll back to the earlier 457 version by the above procedure, i am currently getting 500 it has lot of issues and following the above procedure will it install OTA 500 again or 457 the earlier one? Also the current download status is idle right now for me.
roll back to the earlier version only possible in sky worth stbs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock