Ruposi Bangla Will Be Removed

I believe the high carriage fee was necessitated by lack of TP space. Once that hurdle is removed and TP space is abundant, TS will surely cater to the regional Bengali market also by adding more channels. They are in competition with other DTH and digital cable and would surely prefer to stay ahead.

I cant believe because of my part soar experience with Tata Sky that they will add more Bengali channels. But lets hope for the best.

AsitPaul said:
I cant believe because of my part soar experience with Tata Sky that they will add more Bengali channels. But lets hope for the best.

Just imagine how our Malayali friends have been feeling till now with only 4 Malayalam channels on TS. And now there seems to be a flood of channels being added now. We can hope our turn will come sooner or later.

jdrocks said:
Just imagine how our Malayali friends have been feeling till now with only 4 Malayalam channels on TS. And now there seems to be a flood of channels being added now. We can hope our turn will come sooner or later.

Our turn will definitely come in coming months. :eek:hya:eek:hya

at present Rose Vally group (ruposhi bengla, dhoom cinema, dhoom music) can not pay
any fees because their financial position is critical due to money market (NBFC).

so, we can't expect any Rose Vally channel. but dhoom cinema is now Planet M Cinema (partnership with I Core Group) so little chance to Planet M Cinema.

Zee Bengali Cinema is best option from customers view but tatasky not interested to add
a competitors channel, as star jalsha movies present in their platform.

So we expect any news ch. But see, what happen at last.

jdrocks said:

friends bengali TV channel market is very weaker than south.
Only 15 good bengali channel are present. so we can't expect any
flow channel addition.

dipak said:
friends bengali TV channel market is very weaker than south.
Only 15 good bengali channel are present. so we can't expect any
flow channel addition.

Because in Bengal only bengali channels but in south there are four different language channels. And most of us understand Hindi which is not the case in south.

There are good numbers who watch Hindi channels, movie channels in particular in south. There is a big market for Hindi Movies also, they understand Hindi but it may be less in Tamil Nadu.

Bengali Channels can also have a good market. Look at D2H'S Bengali Channel Count - It is having all these : Ruposhi Bangla + News Time Bangla + Dhoom Music + Planet M Cinema + Zee Bangla Cinema + Jalsha Movies + Kolkata TV + Tara Muzik + Bengali Devotional Channel + AIR Bangla + Other Common Channels. So if D2H can have 26 Bengali Channels (Feeds Included) then why cant others ? The basic problem is that all dths lack of interest in adding Bengali Channels except d2h.

@Bishnu15

Most of the Bengali channels like OM Bangla, R Plus, CTVN, Ujan Bangla have very low viewers and also cant pay huge carriage fees to DTH players. So not available in any DTH.

9X Bangla, Bangla TV was approved by govt. but still not operational.

Some chit fund aided channels are shut down.

Only Big players like Star, Zee and chit fund group Rose Valley Network channels are running well and available on most of the DTHs.

Also, Sangeet Bangla is available on all DTHs except DD-Direct Plus.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock