Sahyadri Cine Awards telecast on DD set for 30 June

• Thread starter dipak
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,328

dipak

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: The dark clouds hovering overhead cast a gloomy spell as journalists poured into the premises of Prasar Bharti Complex in Mumbai's Worli area on Wednesday, 12 June. The ocassion: a press conference put together by DD Sahaydri, DD's Marathi channel to announce the nominations of the Fourth Sahaydri Cine Awards 2013, which recognise best performances in Marathi cinema.

DD's additional director general (programming) Mukesh Sharma set the tone for the evening when he said: "In our case the TRPs are not a concern. I may or may not get a good TRP but as a public service broadcaster it is my duty to relate to family and society or other than commerce. Private broadcasters are catering to consumers and I as a public broadcaster have to cater to citizens."

Sharma has put together an interesting jury to pick the winners which includes: Kiran Shantaram, N. Chandra, Samrudhi Pore, Dilip Thakur, Kumar Soni and Minal Joglekar.

The ground event date for the Sahaydri Cine Awards has been fixed for 18 June at Ravindra Natya Mandir, Prabhadevi and the telecast is slated to be on 30 June at 4.00 pm.

Amol Kolhe (better known for rendition as Shivaji in Colors' 'Veer Shivaji') and Apurva Nemlekar (Marathi actress) have been signed to anchor the show and keep audiences regaled.

The awards cover almost 20 categories right from best story to best actor to best social awareness creating Marathi film.

The Marathi channel has already produced several events this year mainly to comply with its public service mandate - Navaratan Awards, Hirkhani Awards, Sahyadri Manik Awards, Sewa Awards, Prerna Awards and Krishi Awards.

Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Sahyadri Cine Awards telecast on DD set for 30 June

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock