Satellite Regulation in India:Can ISRO Rise up to the Challenge?

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 2,411
dipayan said:
Are u crazy? :huh:
In long term foreign TP will cost more than migration cost. So TS management think choose mp4. It will be stupid to think of that they have not done their homework related to MP4 and foreign TP cost before putting 900 crpre on migration. Otherwise would have moved to foreign sat long ago in 2007.

What I mean to say is that instead of mpeg4 migration TS could have opted for foreign TPs & pointed dish towards it just like ADTV did. This would have helped TS get rid of unreliable Isro TPs....

dipayan said:
In long term foreign TP will cost more than migration cost. So TS management choose mp4. It will be stupid to think of that they have not done their homework related to MP4 and foreign TP cost before putting 900 crore on migration. Otherwise they would have moved to foreign sat long ago in 2007.

Hmm. I am sure Mr Nagpal has some reply to your questain.

NinadG said:
What I mean to say is that instead of mpeg4 migration TS could have opted for foreign TPs & pointed dish towards it just like ADTV did. This would have helped TS get rid of unreliable Isro TPs....

But for that TS have to spend 4 crore extra per TP per Year if we consider 1$ = 62 Rupee. That will not be an cost effective solution for TS management. If TS move to foreign sat then they will have MP2 so more foreign TP required to add new channels. So ultimately you have to spend more than 900 crore(migration cost) in next 5 years to hire foreign TPs. I think that is why they choose migration instead of foreign sat

dipayan said:
In long term foreign TP will cost more than migration cost. So TS management choose mp4. It will be stupid to think of that they have not done their homework related to MP4 and foreign TP cost before putting 900 crore on migration. Otherwise they would have moved to foreign sat long ago in 2007.

U need to be in TS management. Only after that u can say

dipayan said:
But for that TS have to spend 4 crore extra per TP per Year if we consider 1$ = 62 Rupee. That will not be an cost effective solution for TS management. If TS move to foreign sat then they will have MP2 so more foreign TP required to add new channels. So ultimately you have to spend more than 900 crore(migration cost) in next 5 years to hire foreign TPs. I think that is why they choose migration instead of foreign sat

Does it make sense to spend 1000 crs in short time for mpeg4 migration than to spend some amount for hiring foreign TPs in longer term?
TS may have raised 1000 crs as short term expenditure for migration at hugh interest so does it make sense to raise fund at hugh interest in short term than to raise money in longer term at low interest?

NinadG said:
Does it make sense to spend 1000 crs in short time for mpeg4 migration than to spend some amount for hiring foreign TPs in longer term?
TS may have raised 1000 crs as short term expenditure for migration at hugh interest so does it make sense to raise fund at hugh interest in short term than to raise money in longer term at low interest?
Good point :tup
I am sure Mr Nagpal has some reply to your question.

NinadG said:
So does that mean only Gagan payload is working & other TPs reserved for TS have failed on Gsat10? There are unconfirmed reports suggesting that TS has already got TPs & they have reserved it as backup for current Insat TPs which may die anytime soon. All TPs failing on Gsat10 is surprising.

From the reply of tatasky to I&B ministry about mandatory DD channels we can get clear idea they not getting any tps from gsat10.

Insat 4a launched at dec 2005 with 12 years lifespan. That means end of lifetime will be 2017 or 18. Still 4 years left to expire. May be gsat 17 will replace insat 4a proposed for 2016.

Insat 4cr only will expire any time soon. Because they launched at wrong orbit. Then moved to targetted position with their own propulsion. In this operation insat 4cr lost some fuel.

dipayan said:
Good point :tup
I am sure Mr Nagpal has some reply to your question.

Thats what I wanted to stress the fact that TS did mpeg4 migration in hustle instead of considering & planning for longer term.
It seems TS listens a lot but when it comes to planning for future business interests, it just buckles. It seems there is no use of SKY for TS other than providing tech/HW related things.
What I said is just a common sense from ordinary person's point of view, it doesn't require an expert to understand these things atleast it doesn't require a CEO's brain to understand this.

but after migration if ts moves to foreign satellite it will be great

bcoz mp4 give more efficient utilization+ more TPs

TS has already threw thousand crs for mp4 migration so will they spend more on shifting to foreign sat to get rid of unreliable Isro TPs?
Shifting to foreign sat may help them expand overseas customers base.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock