Set up requirements for dish antenna for FTA channels

• Thread starter zoom!
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 15,250
zoom! said:
Thanks, what should be the starting budget, and when you say interest, is it about the channels / satellites to receive?
I'm absolutely not sure about the system or technical requirements, further, I have no clue what hardware I need and how the signals will become picture on my TV.

Dear Zoom...
Since you are a beginner, I am giving following suggestions, based on my own experience. ( I am not an expert).

1.Go for 6 ft solid dish and accessories. I understand that you are from Delhi. You will get it from Lajpat Rai market for Rs.1100 to Rs. 1300. A dual polar LNBF at Lajpatrai market will cost you Rs.250.
2. Ask the supplier of the dish to install it at your place.(installation charges will be extra) Closely watch the installation process .That will be your first stage of 'installation in action'.

3.Get your new dish aligned (by the technician) to Insat 4 A at 83 degree E (as a staring point) . You get plenty of Indian FTA channels)
3. Before doing the above three steps I suggest you try to understand about positioning of the satellites on the orbit (search for Clarke belt in your search engine)
4. Join various Forums on satellite discussion. Keep on reading. All the Forum members are generally very helpful. Ask your doubts. Find out the members of the FORUMs who are from Delhi. Contact them personally. Meet him and understand his dish set-up. (Don't force you upon them...be polite and seek their convenience)
5. While watching the installation at your house you would have got some idea about the 'looking angle' of the dish and skewing of LNB.
6. Once you gain some understanding try repositioning your dish (that is already installed by the technician) to 105.5 degrees East for Asiasat 3 S.
(Why Asiasat 3S? The answer is that its signals are strong on India. Easy to catch. It also has a good assortment of Indian (Sahara),Foreign -Bangladesh, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan etc Channels)
6. Follow lyngsat.com for channels,and related info.

ALL THE BEST.

zoom! said:
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this world of Sattelite based transmission and reception. So far, I was completely dependant on my cable operator for the TV channels, but now since these analog connections will end within this week in my city, I was looking for alternatives.
DTH, sounds easy and promising, but before I initiate anything on that, I would like to know how easy or difficult it is to use a dish antenna, recievers, and set top box for only the FTA channels.
What the cost implications will be, if I need any specific hardware, and from where to source it, and further, if installation requires technical knowledge.

I'm sure there should be a large amount of resources around, specially with ongoing discussions, but because I was unable to find any related content, I'm posting this thread.
at first go for a dd direct . its best for u

if may i instal ddd+, then i watch fta ch. other than 59 dd ch. is any way to see fta ch by ddd+
or tatasky.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock