Set up requirements for dish antenna for FTA channels

• Thread starter zoom!
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 15,251

zoom!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this world of Sattelite based transmission and reception. So far, I was completely dependant on my cable operator for the TV channels, but now since these analog connections will end within this week in my city, I was looking for alternatives.
DTH, sounds easy and promising, but before I initiate anything on that, I would like to know how easy or difficult it is to use a dish antenna, recievers, and set top box for only the FTA channels.
What the cost implications will be, if I need any specific hardware, and from where to source it, and further, if installation requires technical knowledge.

I'm sure there should be a large amount of resources around, specially with ongoing discussions, but because I was unable to find any related content, I'm posting this thread.

Thanks, what should be the starting budget, and when you say interest, is it about the channels / satellites to receive?
I'm absolutely not sure about the system or technical requirements, further, I have no clue what hardware I need and how the signals will become picture on my TV.

there are Transponders in which C band & Ku Band are there....

All Paid DTH's are using this KU Band ..... With Universal LNB......

So Only DDD+ Free of 59 Channels ...... It is from our Govt..............

All FTA Channels (Maximum) are From C band Band from Various Sats......

I dont know Where you are from?

You need Minimum of 6 Ft Dish Antenna (183 cms) and a C band LNB to watch some good C band FTA Channels.....

SO You have to Buy 6 FT or More Dish Antenna Costs Nearly 2000-3000

and C band LNB Costs 250-500

In that Dish You also get the Signals From Ku Band Transponder by using Universal LNB or C+KU LNB...

You Can Check the FTA List in

LyngSat

and the Sat footprints there......

If you are from north Some Sats are good.....

If you are from South Some are good....

So Choice is Yours ZOOM bro.....

Dr,siva,
i am new to this field.currently i am using sun dth.i am planning to buy solid 3000 setup box.for viewing more south indian channels i need to install any new dish or i can use the sun dish.plz help me...

doss001 said:
Dr,siva,
i am new to this field.currently i am using sun dth.i am planning to buy solid 3000 setup box.for viewing more south indian channels i need to install any new dish or i can use the sun dish.plz help me...

yes u have to buy 6-8 ft Dish Antenna (C Band) and C Band LNB to Viewing south Indian Channels...

only Some are FTA :lol:lol:lol:lol

thank u bro.with the sun dish i can watch any other channels and listen free air radio channels using solid 3000 box.

You Won't Find Any Tamil Channels As FTA Except Podhigai Better Buy C-Band

In FTA You Can Get 59 FTA DDD+ Channels & Some Radio Channels And You'll Get Tamil FM Radio Channels Too

BTW Solid HDS2-3000 STB Is Good One For Basic Use And If You Have Budget Go For Openbox

Thank u Vadirocks for the useful information and ur suggestion.
where i can buy the c band 6ft dish and how to install the dish.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock