Shabana Azmi on a roll

Reaction score
Actor and social activist Shabana Azmi has spent an exciting and happening week in England last week

Actor Shabana Azmi has been busy this past week. The lady along with husband Javed Akhtar have spent an exciting week in London where Javed Akhtar was felicitated with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at the House Of Lords on July 1st. "Javed awarded Lifetime Achievement Award at the House Of Lords in London today. Huge honour. Very overwhelming!" she wrote.

The thrill of the award was still not over when they were in for more thrills as her father's biography penned by her mother Shaukat Azmi titled "Kaifi And I" was launched in London on the July 2nd. The event was marked by the couple's close friends and relatives. So happy was Shabana that she also tweeted, "Kaifi And I by Shaukat Kaifi launched in London today to warm reception amidst family and friends. Wish mum could have joined us too!"

After all the excitement while Javed Akhtar watched the Wimbledon's mens' and women's finals tennis matches Shabana spent time watching films and plays. Back to Mumbai today, the actor then condoled film maker Mani Kaul's death.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Shabana-Azmi-on-a-roll/articleshow/9124293.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock