Sony SIX HD added @ LCN 420

• Thread starter Thread starter Sree
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 98
  • Views Views: Views 27,258
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two possibilities I see...

1. Comes from INSAT 4A, a heavy compression is applied, picture quality is compromised just for IPL period for other HD and SD channels. Or one of the HD channels is dropped for IPL period (rare possibility though for this opton) OR

2. It is launched from GSAT 10. If we look at the annual report, which gives us impression till dec 2012, much of testing on GSAT 10 was still left. But whatever may be the situation till dec 2012, if GSAT 10 is really for commercial use, this is the time for it to be available.

I still believe, for this hanging full time channel as part-time channel option 1 above is the most probable possibility. Perhaps GSAT 10 option is going to take further time to realise.

Yes heavy compressing is apply and i think Gsat is not ready because till no testing so forget the Gsat. Now 1 more question that is what about that expert who says sport HD channel consume space of 2 HD channel.

I am optimistic that this addition of Chaar sow Bees is event based and later on one more Eng.Movies Channel should come in its place due to TS space constraint .

SUNIEL said:
Yes heavy compressing is apply and i think Gsat is not ready because till no testing so forget the Gsat. Now 1 more question that is what about that expert who says sport HD channel consume space of 2 HD channel.

I have seen this mentioned at many places...also the logic like sports channel cover picture from camera kept at distance and also of fast moving objects...I believe sports channels consuming more space is a true story...

Another reason to believe this is that from the begining, Tata Sky has been sports centric DTH service...still they could not manage Ten HD for so long now...there was a time when Ten HD used to show several India Cricket tours like South Africa tour etc, still Tata Sky could not bring...

Moreover it was always possible for Tata Sky to add few channels, but first is that they have space issue, and second is, their market analysis tells that adding few channels will not resolve their problem and they with this constraint are not badly placed in the market...so why to add and not keep some buffer space and put some event based channels or light channels like entertainment genre HD channels...otherwise they were stagnent at 8 HD channels and suddenly now have 12...and certain "since they will get gsat 10, so they are utilizing space of insat 4A" - argument is not going to work as it could work only if they would have added just 1 or two channels, they added 4 HD channels, which is more market driven than space constraint driven...

There are manyoptions to add.more channels inspite of bandwidth issue.
1. By moving all 22 DD. Channels into active service. They can add 5 HD channels from this space.
2. Replacing showcase channels. As there is no viewer's for these channels

jana1980 said:
There are manyoptions to add.more channels inspite of bandwidth issue.
1. By moving all 22 DD. Channels into active service. They can add 5 HD channels from this space.
2. Replacing showcase channels. As there is no viewer's for these channels

Actually very good idea. Few dd channel they still might have to keep as normal because of legal obligation of carrying dd 1 and dd news etc

as per info i have, a dth op using mpeg2 or mpeg 4 has to carry min imum 10 to 12 dd chs in normal mode and others they can carry in active mode

RE: Sony Six HD Added in TataSky @ LCN 420

sony Six hd has launch in ts on insat4a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom