Spike TV's plans for ‘Video Game Awards’

Biswajit.HD

Contributor
Reaction score
US broadcaster Spike TV, which has tied up for the 2011 ‘Video Game Awards’ (VGAs), has announced that Mark Burnett, the producer of ‘Survivor’, ‘The Voice’ and ‘The Apprentice’, will serve as executive producer of the 2011 ‘VGAs’ telecast.

The "VGAs" will recognise the best games of the year and will air on 10 December on Spike TV in high-definition.

VGAs executive producer Casey Patterson, who is also Viacom Media Networks Entertainment Group executive VP of event production, said: "We're thrilled that Mark Burnett has signed on to lead the 'VGAs. Mark's bold producing style is a perfect fit for gamers, and his tremendous vision and unparalleled energy will take the show to a new level."

Burnett said, "I am so excited to be working with Spike on the 'VGAs’. I have teenage boys so video games are already a part of my life. They kick my butt in 'Black Ops' on a regular basis, but now are letting me win in hopes of seeing some of the world premieres before the show. We are going to have a lot of fun."

This year's show will once again deliver on its promise of exclusive world premieres and information from the most anticipated games of 2012 and beyond. Guests include game designer Hideo Kojima who will reveal the truth about "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" with a world premiere, the announcement of a new project and new studio from BioWare, creators of Most Anticipated Game of the Year nominee ‘Mass Effect 3’ and the return of Xbox hero ‘Alan Wake’ in an all-new adventure.

source : itv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock