Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,449
  • Views Views: Views 1,673,578

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
The following rights are still pending to be taken up by any broadcaster:-
1. French Open Tennis
2. Bangladesh Cricket TV Rights
3. Windies Cricket TV Rights
4. New Zealand Cricket TV Rights
5. Premier League (Expiring after this season)
Hope viacom buy french open rights along with all the atp rights not just the masters 1000.

As far as premier league goes i think star will hold on to it as already viacom have serie a, french ligue and la liga which means too many matches at the same time for them to telecast while sony has bundesliga whereas the only rights which star holds is the premier league one thing that can change everything is the fact that ipl rights are coming at the same time and star will shell out maximum money possible to retain it

i would like eurosport to maybe try and get the rights for epl as it would be a game changer for them especially given the fact star/sony/viacom will be trying to get one of the 3 rights of ipl/bcci/icc. Due to this fact i think epl rights will be cheaper this year than if it was held last year or next year

Glad star have select Channnels which shows hocky be it women but this also congested in sat sun premier league day if other sports event on that day 😐😐
But other star sport Channels be like hamare cricket broadcasting ka kuch nehi Hona chahiye

@vicky 1213 bro can u give broadcast schedule ?
only subscribe star sports 1 hindi if india is playing. If not just keep star sports 3. like SS1 hindi for Rs 20 and SS3 for Rs 4 on Tata sky.

I want Star to have ICC and FIFA rights. And Sony or Viacom to get IPL rights. BCCI rights should go to Viacom.
Those Espn STAR sports days are long gone. They only care about cricket. No way star gonna buy fifa rights even if they get any chance They didn't even do proper broadcast of Rio 2016. The reason they launched Select channels bcoz they can feed cricket and local desi leagues like TNPL, Vijay hazare trophy, ranji trophy,Pro Kabadii......etc. STAR will never match the quality of big daddy's in Sports broadcasting like Sky Sports, ESPN, Bein Sports, Fox Sports.

Those Espn STAR sports days are long gone. They only care about cricket. No way star gonna buy fifa rights even if they get any chance They didn't even do proper broadcast of Rio 2016. The reason they launched Select channels bcoz they can feed cricket and local desi leagues like TNPL, Vijay hazare trophy, ranji trophy,Pro Kabadii......etc. STAR will never match the quality of big daddy's in Sports broadcasting like Sky Sports, ESPN, Bein Sports, Fox Sports.
It's must for everyone that some one else get Indian cricket rights
That is the only way when back in their old form

Something has changed. With Viacom entering the market backed by a billionaire with personal interest for sports. Along with Zee and Sony merger where they are very vocal about expansion in sports. Gone are the days when Star use to have monopoly over major cricket leagues and tournament. In future expect some major change in sports market in India. In future I think Star will only have IPL. Viacom and Sony will go for BCCI's rights.

Something has changed. With Viacom entering the market backed by a billionaire with personal interest for sports. Along with Zee and Sony merger where they are very vocal about expansion in sports. Gone are the days when Star use to have monopoly over major cricket leagues and tournament. In future expect some major change in sports market in India. In future I think Star will only have IPL. Viacom and Sony will go for BCCI's rights.
My personal wish is that Star Sports never gets the rights of the IPL. And nothing else. Want to see the same program on another channel with innovative graphics. Star Sports has lost the quality to compete with other international channels. With the departure of ESPN in 2013, it was lost forever ….

My personal wish is that Star Sports never gets the rights of the IPL. And nothing else. Want to see the same program on another channel with innovative graphics. Star Sports has lost the quality to compete with other international channels. With the departure of ESPN in 2013, it was lost forever ….
I don't care who gets the broadcast rights. My problem is who gets the streaming rights. I just don't want Sony Liv to have it. That UI is just bad. And Disney has improved the Hotstar app a lot. Making it the second best streaming app after Netflix.

Best of Extraaa Innings now airing on Sony Six HD

jt4JiiR.jpg

ZbkW17I.jpg

LWslXGJ.jpg

7hXEC8r.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom