Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,520
  • Views: Views 1,484,789

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Star sports tamil is huge success! I liked all the shows not only me most of them likes, thanks to star for giving its channels in value pack - among all broadcasters boquetes star value pack in tamil is awesome 25 get everything except english movies!
It's mainly due to Sun's dominance there and if Star had a similar position like Malayalam,Telugu etc then don't think about the price of SVP tamil less than 39.

My suggestion

Sony Ten 2 should be Sony Kix
Sony ten 1 -Sony sports
Sony ten 3- Sony sports Hindi
Sony espn- Sony action
Let Sony six remain the same

And bring back the original sony logo please

Last edited by a moderator:
No they're not preparing .. Next is 1 Malayalam i.e is before ISL coming .. 1 Gujarati will only come if a Gujarati team Joins IPL .
We dont need Gujarati sport channel If they want to provide Gujarati audio feed for live matches will be more than enough and very much welcome.But dont want Separate Sport channel For Gujarati....... people dont watch sport channel on daily baise like GEC ..Most of people In India still watch sport channels just for Live cricket matches and maximum for Match Highlight ..So for that Local commentary Is enough And will work....so Why start Separate regional sports Channel ...what is the logic behind this ..
Look at the TRP or Impression of Star sports FOR IPL And CWC Matches..
and than check the TRP of Star sports When there were No Cricket On it..
It says everything...
Its Only Live cricket which brings Solid TRP For Star .. OTHER THAN that sport channel wont generate Good trp in India..So there is no need of so many regional sports channel in india...And Gujarati sport channel No way..BIG NO...

What's the point in airing pkl in English in two channels and airing it in Hindi in two channels when one is priced higher than the other? It's absurd. Star did the same in cwc and star sports 2 sd surpassed ss1 due to difference in pricing.

What's the point in airing pkl in English in two channels and airing it in Hindi in two channels when one is priced higher than the other? It's absurd. Star did the same in cwc and star sports 2 sd surpassed ss1 due to difference in pricing.
Hindi bouquet doesn't have English channels. And their numbering won't allow to put it on same bouquet. Hopefully, they rebrands without stupid numbering.

Hindi bouquet doesn't have English channels. And their numbering won't allow to put it on same bouquet. Hopefully, they rebrands without stupid numbering.
I just came to know that star gold is airing it in Hindi as well. So three channels are airing it- star gold, star sports first and star sports 1 Hindi. It's ridiculous. Star gold might lose it's movie viewership, and star sports first is priced 1.

Star simulcast cwc on star sports 1 and star sports 2 which was also ridiculous due to their different pricing. It's seriously making me to think if the management is really stupid or they are just letting it go.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock