Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,728
  • Views: Views 1,562,908

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
more than icc, ipl or bcci right having Australia rights and England rights are more interesting and entertaining which Sony has specially when India tours
India tours each of those countries once in 3 years so that is not much to go on also the other series in australia usually happen very early in the morning I dont think they get much viewership for the same. One of the main reasons nobody went for the TV rights for NZ.

Offtopic anybody know whether this years Winter Olympics will be shown live on TV or like the previous Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang this one will also be not telecasted?

India tours each of those countries once in 3 years so that is not much to go on also the other series in australia usually happen very early in the morning I dont think they get much viewership for the same. One of the main reasons nobody went for the TV rights for NZ.
You need to check Ashes or Australia vs India's viewership and prime video has rights for NZC.

Offtopic anybody know whether this years Winter Olympics will be shown live on TV or like the previous Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang this one will also be not telecasted?
Doordarshan will telecast it.
How can they be home of cricket without IPL, BCCI or ICC rights?
They got cricket that matters. Good thing about Star is them having ICC and CSA rights. Our home matches have sucked lately.

You need to check Ashes or Australia vs India's viewership and prime video has rights for NZ
I said other than India series for other series less viewership. I dont know the figures of the latest Ashes but it will definitely be less than the matches held in India due to the time difference thats what I meant.

Also prime has streaming rights what I said was due to the time difference none of the TV broadcasters went for it.

They got cricket that matters. Good thing about Star is them having ICC and CSA rights. Our home matches have sucked lately.
India home matches have not been great in terms of quality I will be the first one to accept that but when you count viewership and ad revenue for broadcasters they will get more viewership for India matches than say the upcoming tour of sl to aus

A Brand New Football Related Show starting on Sony Ten 2 SD and HD 'The Top Corner With John Dykes'
ml59Cpb.jpg

It will be Hosted by John Dykes who has hosted many Football shows at ESPN

A Brand New Football Related Show starting on Sony Ten 2 SD and HD 'The Top Corner With John Dykes'
ml59Cpb.jpg

It will be Hosted by John Dykes who has hosted many Football shows at ESPN
John Dykes is hosting his flagship show “The JD Show" on Disney+ Singapore post the Fox sports (prev ESPN) channels shut down by Disney.

And in India, his new show on Sony.
Why didn’t Star on TV or Hotstar/Disney+ on OTT pick it up in India? They already have indirect rights to JD show via Disney+ SG?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock