Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,456
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,854

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Nothing wrong in that international leagues or local state t20 leagues exclusively airing, looks like Sony too joining with Star, 1Sports in coming months.

these leagues more affected to So called broadcaster, because there will no Revenue sharing from these leagues.

DSport/1Sport/Eurosport started it first. Followed by Sony. Even Aaj Tak airs on it's youtube channel. Nothing special here.

Eurosport (DSport) has indeed aired such online gaming competitions but all these were international events and mostly they aired recorded content. 1Sports has not aired it anytime as far as i remember.

Eurosport (DSport) has indeed aired such online gaming competitions but all these were international events and mostly they aired recorded content. 1Sports has not aired it anytime as far as i remember.
They have aired Counterstrike tournaments.

Seriously they should cancel this merge, without merge both Zee and Sony in Good position, entertainment and Sports market needed some disruption to support small broadcasters.
What advantage '1 sports ' and Eurosport taking, why they don't buy cricket rights for WI, Bangladesh, New Zealand? which aren't renewed by Sony and star

What advantage '1 sports ' and Eurosport taking, why they don't buy cricket rights for WI, Bangladesh, New Zealand? which aren't renewed by Sony and star
Eurosport not interested in cricket rights
Specially for long term
And fund problem for 1 sports
Stakeholder not interested to invest more money on 1 sports

Eurosport not interested in cricket rights
Specially for long term
And fund problem for 1 sports
Stakeholder not interested to invest more money on 1 sports

Surely 1Sport does not seem to have strong financial backing hence they cannot acquire many sports rights. Eurosport can acquire cricket rights of various boards be it west indies, bangladesh, etc. and they do air cricket matches featuring associate nations. I believe Eurosport has rights of Afghanistan Cricket. Problem is that these rights generate very less revenue and Discovery is not a big broadcaster like star/disney or sony or viacom18 who can sustain such losses, still i believe they need to invest in these apart from niche sports they usually air.

Best option for 1Sport and Eurosport is to have strategic tie up with star sports, sony sports or sports18 so that the channel gets the much needed popular sporting events thus resulting in expansion of viewership. In UK BT Sport recently had such a partnership / merger with Eurosport

Surely 1Sport does not seem to have strong financial backing hence they cannot acquire many sports rights. Eurosport can acquire cricket rights of various boards be it west indies, bangladesh, etc. and they do air cricket matches featuring associate nations. I believe Eurosport has rights of Afghanistan Cricket. Problem is that these rights generate very less revenue and Discovery is not a big broadcaster like star/disney or sony or viacom18 who can sustain such losses, still i believe they need to invest in these apart from niche sports they usually air.

Best option for 1Sport and Eurosport is to have strategic tie up with star sports, sony sports or sports18 so that the channel gets the much needed popular sporting events thus resulting in expansion of viewership. In UK BT Sport recently had such a partnership / merger with Eurosport

Don’t know what vision they had while planning to enter sports genre.

Back
Top Bottom