Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,475
  • Views: Views 1,465,653

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Just for my curiosity:
Why Star India choose the name for their only FTA sports channel, Star Sports First?
Why they use 'First'?
Have they any planning for more FTA sports channel like SS Second, SS Third, SS Fourth etc in near future? :huh:
Star Sports First Is the 'First' Free sports channel by a private broadcaster on DDFreeDish platform

Just for my curiosity:
Why Star India choose the name for their only FTA sports channel, Star Sports First?
Why they use 'First'?
Have they any planning for more FTA sports channel like SS Second, SS Third, SS Fourth etc in near future? :huh:
I think they just want to differentiate between pay and FTA. So 1,2,3 numbering is given to pay channels and 'First' for its first FTA channel. I think the word First is a common and easy word used by people.🤗
@zaxotes bro update Sony's broadcasting rights.
Also Star sports have rights of English premiere league, Bundesliga, CPL etc.

Last edited:
Star Sports First Is the 'First' Free sports channel by a private broadcaster on DDFreeDish platform
I think they just want to differentiate between pay and FTA. So 1,2,3 numbering is given to pay channels and 'First' for its first FTA channel. I think the word First is a common and easy word used by people.🤗
I guess, in future they may launch more fta sports channels, named by SS Second, SS Third etc.

Last edited:
DSPORT and Discovery Jeet should be renamed to DSPORT 1 and DSPORT 2 respectively.
Off-topic: There were so many expectations from Discovery Jeet, par unhone sabhi ashaon par pani pher diya*. They could not sustain the new shows and turned it into Investigation Discovery 2.0 (that too with an HD feed available on Sun Direct, Airtel, etc.). That is very sad.
*Throwing water on our hopes.

Off-topic: There were so many expectations from Discovery Jeet, par unhone sabhi ashaon par pani pher diya*. They could not sustain the new shows and turned it into Investigation Discovery 2.0 (that too with an HD feed available on Sun Direct, Airtel, etc.). That is very sad.
*Throwing water on our hopes.
Now Discovery Jeet Content(mainly ID Content) Is Far Better Than Jeet Previous Original Indian Dramas.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock