Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,673,852

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
It's great Sony sports covering world athletics championship in one channel but also make people bored by showing only race events wished they used 2 Sony channels for broadcast events and throw limelight on field event also

In ratio of broadcast
80% time track events 20% time field event

Last edited:
Really hope someone buys them, also Bang, Zim and Ire
What abt Afghanistan rights.. Who has?
Very Difficult for Broadcasters Negotiations with Fancode and Amazon Prime, Both West indies Rights with Fancode and New Zealand Rights Exclusively with Amazon Prime. Zimbabwe, Bangladesh Cricket Rights Remain unsold but Fancode continues Tie up with both boards series wise.

Yes, Sony is too reluctant to spent.The reason is better known to them.
So ECB rights will be with Viacom.
Even I want ECB, CA Rights with Viacom18, But now Viacom18 have former Big Broadcaster CEO As strategic investment partner. Uday Shankar who earlier mentioned Test cricket doesn't support and meaningless bilateral series.

we have been told for a while now, doesn’t support Test and “meaningless” bilateral series. Uday Shankar, the former chief of Star & Disney India, had once told this newspaper how there is no market for Test cricket and it’s only the largesse of the broadcasters that is running it.

I think we are moving into an era of too much commercialization of Cricket. Slowly, franchise cricket would take over bilateral series. Cricket has always been enjoyed as a contest between 2 countries. Sure, franchise cricket is OK once in a while. But, the thrill, excitement and passion can only be there when your country plays with another.
Cricket can never be compared with football. The growth of football has been entirely different than that of cricket. Those football clubs have existed for centuries and it has been played likewise in almost every country.
I hope people realise this soon.

z1IkYtV.jpg
0LQuSeW.jpg
icpjsFI.jpg
XAugJAZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom