Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,729
  • Views: Views 1,563,176

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Highlights of 2nd ind vs nz t20i not showing but as per adtv epg saying highlights live don't know what happening 🤣🤣

Looks like from 3rd t20i match is live

6sc7Tll.jpg

That means d2h is not blocking DD sports feed meant for DDFD & DTT viewers.

So, d2h is only Pvt. DTH on which india tour of New Zealand is available.

That's unfair..
Dishtv(SES8) is still blocking DD sports DDFD signal. They have added 1.0 and 2.0 channel from own transponders.

Agree but it makes Star Sports the worst.

If indeed ur statement was true then they would getting least ratings and above all won't b paying such high amount for acquiring BCCI, IPL rights. Fact is cricket is most watched sports in india and matches played by Indian Team or IPL matches get highest ratings hence u can see that they r giving it most space across their channels which also helps increase subscription / ad revenue.

You may not like their content strategy and so do many others but for Star Sports they have no other way to recover the heavy investment made in these cricket rights. Still i think they r providing TV viewers with host of other sporting action across their channels particularly Star Sports Select channels so u can tune into it.

If u still are not satisfied just do not opt for Star Sports channels which aren't catering to ur needs and just go for Star Sports Select channels.

I am certain that if at any later stage Sony Sports gets IPL, BCCI cricket rights , they would adopt a similar strategy as currently Star Sports has implemented. This has nothing to do with Star Sports or Sony Sports own preference just focusing on cricket and giving other sports less airing but all part of business decisions to let sports channels business remain financially viable

You can opt for OTT subscription of Sony or Star/Disney incase certain events r not available on their Linear TV Sports Channels. In future Sony Sports, Star Sports, Viacom18 should come up with a Sports Combo TV+OTT pack wherein people can opt for the same and get access to all their favorite sports on both the platforms....this can serve as the best solution and prove economical too. There can be various variants for this pack like "All Sports", "Niche Sports", "Football Pass" and whenever such matches r being aired on a particular channel then same should get activated on subscriber's DTH or Cable account automatically alongwith option to access all such sports action on OTT platform. You and others can share this feedback with Star Sports snd its channel head

Last edited:
I don't think so. Back when Sony and ESPN had partnership. They atleast aired ESPN Cricinfo. Here they barely even air ESPN FC. Only when someone else like Sony is airing UEFA and CONMEBOL events. And Viacom airs FIFA events. That's when they care.

Bcoz they may be barred from airing such content as well as relaunching ESPN until "non competition period " mentioned in the earlier agreement with sony ends

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock