Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,524
  • Views: Views 1,488,611

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Why Sony sports is not airing kannada commentary till now on Ten4?
They are struggling with ad slots even with Tamil and Telugu. Instead of using audio feed technology they put whole Tamil ad and then they put in Telugu the next time. If more feeds are added we need to hear more other language ads which in turn makes the brand penetration weak.

Star showing full match replay of Ind vs Bangladesh 2019 world cup match 🤣🤣🤦🤦
6VTXLua.jpg

Star showing full match replay of Ind vs Bangladesh 2019 world cup match 🤣🤣🤦🤦
6VTXLua.jpg
@dino29 bro. This is exactly why I said cricket needs heavy promotion not football. Sony isn't shameless to air full length UEFA and CONMEBOL matches during FIFA World Cup broadcast on Sports18. ⚽🏟️🏆

What alternative is Star offering here? 🤦

They could've easily had some news or analysis show.

@dino29 bro. This is exactly why I said cricket needs heavy promotion not football. Sony isn't shameless to air full length UEFA and CONMEBOL matches during FIFA World Cup broadcast on Sports18. ⚽🏟️🏆

What alternative is Star offering here? 🤦

They could've easily had some news or analysis show.

This is not an issue to worry as viewers can easily know which channel is airing live cricket. Sony does not air full replay of football matches bcoz it attracts very minute audience, India cricket replay matches still get average ratings. Having said so i am not in favour of broadcasters overplaying cricket but as they have genuine financial reasons to do this hence we have to bear with the same.

DTH or Cable operators should promote all live sports events on its home channels...it is good for their business growth as well as generates more interest and awareness among regular viewers

This is not an issue to worry as viewers can easily know which channel is airing live cricket. Sony does not air full replay of football matches bcoz it attracts very minute audience, India cricket replay matches still get average ratings. Having said so i am not in favour of broadcasters overplaying cricket but as they have genuine financial reasons to do this hence we have to bear with the same.
Don't know anyone who watches ball by ball live cricket. It takes almost 6 hours to finish a match. 6 hours is too much for live matches itself. I don't know apart from coaching experts does that.

Don't know anyone who watches ball by ball live cricket. It takes almost 6 hours to finish a match. 6 hours is too much for live matches itself. I don't know apart from coaching experts does that.

I know that but total impressions garnered for a content is what contributes to overall rating

I think Jio Platforms pvt Ltd will be a strongest Media Company in the Coming Years like Astro Network of Malaysia. They’ll gradually acquire most of the sporting events very soon

They will surely be a powerful force in the media /broadcast landscape as their linear and digital presence across various platforms is extremely strong and they have financial / overall resources to build a strong product offering

I think Jio Platforms pvt Ltd will be a strongest Media Company in the Coming Years like Astro Network of Malaysia. They’ll gradually acquire most of the sporting events very soon
If they want to compete with the big players they need to acquire Network18 and merge tv18 since there is no foreign investment coming in.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock