Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,523
  • Views: Views 1,487,299

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Buddy, i did not make the statement just on a random basis but there was a logical reason and context to it. Maybe @StoriesWithPK bro laughed at my comment thinking that i am joking around but i was extremely serious. BeIn and Eurosport entered into a partnership in the United Kingdom so they may as well decide to expand that JV to India if the need arises for the same. Here is an article all can read regarding this concern

FYI, BeIn don't even operate in the UK.. You are referring to BT sport which is a whole new entity entirely which used to ESPN before Disney exited UK. BT and BeIn are no way related at all...

Damn, I thought those Qatari's were behind BT Sports. 😂

PS I wasted hours finding links between BT Sport and BeIN sport.

FYI, BeIn don't even operate in the UK.. You are referring to BT sport which is a whole new entity entirely which used to ESPN before Disney exited UK. BT and BeIn are no way related at all...

I apologize for the mistake. Was multitasking hence made this error. Will try to be more careful in near future. BeIn sports has minimal chance to enter India, maybe Warner Bros Discovery can have tie up with to jointly run sports TV Channels business in India as same may be beneficial to both in the long run

BeIn sports has minimal chance to enter India, maybe Warner Bros Discovery can have tie up with to jointly run sports TV Channels business in India as same may be beneficial to both in the long run
I mean why would they invest with someone else when they have heavily invested in Viacom18?. Bodhi Tree of Uday Shankar and Murdoch is heavily funded by Qataris themselves.

Hope sony sports done this to avoid further cricket black out
17th Dec, we have all three test matches.
Ind vs ban ( sony sports 5 , ten 3, and sony sports ten 4 p.s if ten 4 show test )
Aus vs SA ( ten 2 coz wwe live on ten 1 till 7:30 am so ten 2 is best for aus vs sa)
Pak vsEng ( ten 1 coz after wwe end no live event )
I yet to see ad of SA vs Aus in Sony network.
Safely to say , they will block SA - Aus test match at least first two days.

After such tactics from broadcasters, I think it's a wise move to shift to OTT only specially if good internet connection is available in your area.

but sirf sony sprts network promo ad of mandhana and pankaj tripathi showed aus vs sa series live on sony sports but that tome also sony sports not say anything about aus vs Windies test Series i think after 2nd test of aus vs Windies conclusion promo will start

I mean why would they invest with someone else when they have heavily invested in Viacom18?. Bodhi Tree of Uday Shankar and Murdoch is heavily funded by Qataris themselves.

Still there is a chance if they feel that entry into Indian Market will b good for that sports broadcast business. Currently they have invested in Bodhi Tree which is stakeholder in Viacom18 so there is an indirect linkage, they may consider directly entering into a partnership with Warner Bros Discovery to jointly manage EuroSports and add more channels under BeIn branding in Indian Market.

There r many such companies which have direct and indirect stake in many channels operating in the same genre within a country/region.

Content wise Eurosports is doing a great job but Important thing is that they need to adopt a financially viable business model to be a successful sports broadcaster and compete with its rivals. They can even consider tie up with Star Sports Network or Sony Sports Network or maybe licence/sell Eurosports channel to them.

1Sport too needs to have an immediate plan to gain an edge in sports broadcast business

but sirf sony sprts network promo ad of mandhana and pankaj tripathi showed aus vs sa series live on sony sports but that tome also sony sports not say anything about aus vs Windies test Series i think after 2nd test of aus vs Windies conclusion promo will start
As sony has the rights for Aus - WI series and they not able to telecast it live, at least they have to show highlights for 1 hour or 2 hours, Sony showing old matches multiple times, and showing Aus WI series for 20 mins highlights , that too 1 or 2 times in ten 5 only.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock