Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,584
  • Views: Views 1,516,022

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
g7N30w7.jpg

If it doesn't make sense in a developed market like US, I don't think it is possible to offer a premium sports platform (ad-free) in India where the total addressable market is very minimal compared to US, EU.
Have you ever watched football? It's a sports where you can't put ads inbetween match. You can sell ads somewhere else like timer, customisable led banner, title sponsor etc.

Have you ever watched football? It's a sports where you can't put ads inbetween match. You can sell ads somewhere else like timer, customisable led banner, title sponsor etc.
Wow. You assumed that others don't watch football. Cool.

We're just saying why it is impossible to offer ad-free football or any sport which is sold at a huge price. You refuse to listen or even provide a good unit economics business model.

Wow. You assumed that others don't watch football. Cool.

We're just saying why it is impossible to offer ad-free football or any sport which is sold at a huge price. You refuse to listen or even provide a good unit economics business model.
And I am correct. If you watched football you would know how ads are placed during a match. Not inbetween broadcast. But other means like title sponsors, led banner ads, pre-show ads etc.

And I am correct. If you watched football you would know how ads are placed during a match. Not inbetween broadcast. But other means like title sponsors, led banner ads, pre-show ads etc.
You seem to know everything. So tell us how many users would a premium sports platform need to acquire and stream an event like Fifa World Cup ad-free?

As per tv wiz and jio sports schedule

Australia vs south africa 1st test also balackout on tv looks like from second test live on tv as Sony sports just not want to interpret their premium very important wwe event for test match

Also bbl not live from 17th December to 21 dec ( as pakistan 3rd test runs on ten 2 and bbl showing schedule channel ten 2)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock