Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,559
  • Views: Views 1,505,324

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Do not worry bro, they will air Premier League on Star Sports 2, Star Sports Select 2 or maybe even Star Sports First incase Star Sports 3 airs IPL....also Star Sports 1/2 HD will have multi audio available so it is not that u will get to view IPL in ur language only in Standard Definition format
I actually want star stick with Star sports 3
Coz in ipl days star just go mad and shift channel too much

So looks like football match day
As a adtv customer i have to select all sports bouquets for precaution

I actually want star stick with Star sports 3
Coz in ipl days star just go mad and shift channel too much

So looks like football match day
As a adtv customer i have to select all sports bouquets for precaution

Buddy as i have explained on multiple occasions sports broadcasters have to work out content strategy to recover huge amount invested in acquiring rights of big sporting properties hence u see them scheduling content accordingly....they have to balance the business side and alongside cater to all segments of audience in most effective manner which is why u see sports content being evenly distributed across channels and their TV/OTT platforms.

Look at Sports18 it is airing WPL all day long i believe bcoz of same reason

I understand what you saying
But i curious to see what will happen when sports18 got rights of other big league and cricket rights will they also then like star sports show wpl/ ipl most of the time or not

Depends on the sporting property and its acquisition cost. If they get BCCI rights then most probably they too r likely to air more of cricket highlights to recover investment by attracting more viewers to the channel although alongside they will continue to build a robust sports portfolio too in near future and give them space on their TV Channels / OTT platforms depending on how it can most effectively be monetized and reach to the concerned audience base

Last edited:
Just watched the First MotoGP race of the 2023 season on Jio Cinema and honestly I'm embarrassed and frustrated with Viacom18 😠. They are literally the StarSportsNetwork2.0 They are copying Star in each n every aspect. just doing what Star did with F1 in the past they put the ads in between the grand Prix and also promote IPL in b/w the main race. I miss MotoGP on #Eurosport😔

Last edited:
Bro if that happens then black day for football as star sports 3 technicaly till now showing premiere league also you feel 2 rs cahnnel showing all ipl match

I think then when no football matchday star 3 will show
Plus double header football day it also increase hedache for fans as then technicaly tough to chose which channel showing Match
Cost of IPL >> EPL so most likely some EPL games will not be televised they will show 2 games on Select 1/2 during double headers thats it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock