Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,456
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,854

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
There is nothing new in this. Television satellite broadcasts and Internet broadcasts always have a delay over the Internet.

These broadcasters needs to stop geo blocking and copyright striking 14-20 seconds video from social media. It promotes your own content and channel/platform.

Last edited:
Star Sports can easily give Bhojpuri and Punjabi commentary like they are doing with Malayalam who doesn't even have a team. But their south centric mindset just won't cater to most viewers up in North and East.
Star already have Kapil Dev, Harbhajan Singh and Akash Chopra with them. With Punjabi commentary in an event like IPL ,they can start a local niche channel. Later on, in case of international events, they can even target overseas markets such as UAE, US/Canada, EU, Pakistan, etc, which are having huge Punjabi population.
They are loosing onto this all by themselves, that too to a newbie like Jio.

Unless you are satta baj (gamblers) who bets from everything from coin toss to runs. 10-15 seconds makes no difference.
If you didn't like watching on TV/Star Sports leave them alone those who watching still on TV and dont force anyone, that's enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't like watching on TV/Star Sports leave them alone those who watching still on TV and dont force anyone, that's enough.
No, I am saying those 15-30 seconds don't make a difference to me.

PS, I am watching on both TV and JioCinema. 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom