Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,084
  • Views Views: Views 1,615,824

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
@Justlita22 1080p×2= 2160p 4k, means full HD channel price 22rs then 22+22=44rs for 4k,
Maximum means 44rs+GST 52rs for 1 4k channels,

If broadcasters say officially 1 4k channel 150rs per month, in your way,

it's a utter flop before launch, this line to broadcaster.

4MQBy1G.png

FYI, This is the actual sizes.. 4k is not 1080*2 but actually 1080*4... So, by your calculations only 22*4 + GST i.e., around ₹104. Do you see why they don't really wanna launch any 4k channels in India.

Also, if you compare Indian with UK and Australia or even American channels, look at pricing of those and you will know why they can survive with that pricing.. Someone, hear was celebrating that Star has lost money, bcoz Asian Cup Finals being a one-side affair. If a company keeps loosing money in advertising and can't charge more money from subscribers do you really expect any company to innovate at all.

4MQBy1G.png

FYI, This is the actual sizes.. 4k is not 1080*2 but actually 1080*4... So, by your calculations only 22*4 + GST i.e., around ₹104. Do you see why they don't really wanna launch any 4k channels in India.

Also, if you compare Indian with UK and Australia or even American channels, look at pricing of those and you will know why they can survive with that pricing.. Someone, hear was celebrating that Star has lost money, bcoz Asian Cup Finals being a one-side affair. If a company keeps loosing money in advertising and can't charge more money from subscribers do you really expect any company to innovate at all.
Hmmm,
But here everyone want 4k sports channel,
So much demand...for satellite 4k channel,
I understood your points.

Back
Top Bottom