Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,501
  • Views: Views 1,477,060

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
aZuktYU.jpg

Star showing "niche sport " on their "niche specify channels "

I agree. I would have thought before burning most of my cash on one sporting property. Now I wouldn't have to launch ten channels sacrifing special offering channel and air cricket in cartoon channels to recover the cost. If I had agreed to a reasonable amount. Gentlemen's game wouldn't be treated as cartoons.

Each broadcasters thinks and invests where returns/profits r expected. India Cricket rights r very expensive and so is case with ICC rights, if a broadcaster invests in these then content strategy is made accordingly. Also broadcasters have no say in quoting reasonable amount unless they come together and decide so, bidding is open process ....cricket being immensely popular gets high bids
My suggestion to u is please stream ur favourite sports on hotstar, u do have high speed internet and i believe can afford paying Rs. 399/yr for OTT

My suggestion to u is please stream ur favourite sports on hotstar, u do have high speed internet and i believe can afford paying Rs. 399/yr for OTT
I am getting Hotstar Premium the day Premier League starts as a backup. And I don't have broadband at home. If the solution was to stream. Than broadcaster should consider shutting down their satellite channels. Carrying 10-20 channels doesn't make sense. If I am expected to stream. I stream sports on Sony Liv and Discovery+. As these are satellite tv broadcaster. And they offer everything Sony and Eurosport offers on tv.

Meanwhile are you enjoying full length highlights today?

I am getting Hotstar Premium the day Premier League starts as a backup. And I don't have broadband at home. If the solution was to stream. Than broadcaster should consider shutting down their satellite channels. Carrying 10-20 channels doesn't make sense. If I am expected to stream. I stream sports on Sony Liv and Discovery+. As these are satellite tv broadcaster. And they offer everything Sony and Eurosport offers on tv.

Meanwhile are you enjoying full length highlights today?

Already explained why we get highlights, all I m saying if offer a workable solution to broadcasters or urselves. Do not think that every niche sports will b available on tv. Just think of Rs. 35 for Hotstar as monthly channel fee to access ur fav sports, u have this option then do explore and enjoy. If not u can carry on posting here or on social media handles of broadcasters , nothing will change

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock