Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,501
  • Views: Views 1,476,985

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Star literally have 2 channels dedicated to Niche Sports.. They are the ones who bring the most sporting portfolio to India and yet here we are complaining about how Star doesn't have variety...

Ik.. They repeat Cricketing highlights on many channels but that doesn't make them the guys only having cricket.. If anyone wants premium sports they just want to do is to subscribe to select channels like many people do... There is choice here isn't. They aren't rubbing you. With anything..
The main reason behind why Star Sports always showing cricket matches is that the main invester/funders of the channel is the one and only BCCI. So, they can't telecast any other sports on their channel portfolios. And also I wish Star Should lose the IPL rights and be removed from the Partnership of Indian Super League for the good conducting of the league.

See here also, there goes your partiality towards Sony... Star hasn't cut anything after IPL in the other sports area other than Olympics (which they might have plenty other reasons.).. They only had cut down their costs in cricket by cutting down ECB and CA boards.. They had renewed every other premium sporting properties like Wimbledon, F1 and FE... Only sporting event they chose not to renew was Bundesliga as they were demending more than what Star was willing to pay...

Ps. I'm not saying Star is great or Sony isn't doing a good job.. I'm just highlighting your partiality here that's it...
How many live matches of Premier League makes it to tv every week? What's the strategy behind launching non cricketing channels highlighting cricket wouldn't make it to these channel than somehow cricket makes it to these channel?

Bro they always use one of these Select Channels whenever IPL or any India Cricket is Live. Moreover, they also use these channels for IPL Highlights and other non-India International Cricket Matches. Its not that they have dedicated these channels exclusively for Niche sports.

The main reason behind why Star Sports always showing cricket matches is that the main invester/funders of the channel is the one and only BCCI. So, they can't telecast any other sports on their channel portfolios. And also I wish Star Should lose the IPL rights and be removed from the Partnership of Indian Super League for the good conducting of the league.
No Bro. BCCI hasn't invested in Star or any other TV Channel for that matter.

Star literally have 2 channels dedicated to Niche Sports.. They are the ones who bring the most sporting portfolio to India and yet here we are complaining about how Star doesn't have variety...
I have already contested this point of yours in past. You didn't bother to reply. So again asking name those channel of Star which are dedicated for broadcast of those niche sports?! When IPL will be there, they will shift dog out feed to Select 1 even while SS 2 will telecast some old hls or same feed as ss 1. Also describe how Star brings most sporting portfolio to India. / Please don't cook facts just to defend star. I am expecting a better argument.

No Bro. BCCI hasn't invested in Star or any other TV Channel for that matter.

It's my guess. BCCI hasn't invested in Star or any other channels as you said. But why Star is always focusing on cricket and ignore other sports? Some facebook sports fans are saying that this is BCCI and Star's mission to kill other sports in our nation. And Star had been invested huge amount of 16k crores for the telecast of IPL for 4 years. They're broadcasting IPL highlights all the time is because of their fear of losing the rights in coming years.

Also describe how Star brings most sporting portfolio to India. / Please don't cook facts just to defend star. I am expecting a better argument.
FYI, there is a separate thread created by me on a sister forum by checking all the facts... Go and please check once who had invested more in Indian sports and more sports for that matter. Unlike you I never cook up facts... I'm not attacking you are something, but I'm saying that because you were the one who were spreading fake news across here that Bundesliga was sold to Fancode for 4crores which haven't been announced anywhere and for a fact its not true because Star had offered much higher deal for the same andy yet Bundesliga didn't agree..

Ps. I don't want to waste my time anymore to dig facts or in your words cook up facts... You can cook up those more than me..

we can find out how star will handle so called niche sports in sept/oct whn ipl will start that time EPL,F1 all would be live hope they do not do injustice to other sports and utilize theri countless sports channels appropriately

If I am not wrong football, formula one, tennis etc. are not niche. Football is actually the most popular sports in the world. Meanwhile Kabaddi is niche. Having niche channels means airing something like cards, chess boxing, pool etc. Even eSports doesn't count as niche.
Here niche equals to toddler mother promising on not airing cricket on "special channels".

Though Star have 2 select channels , they use select 1 for IPL and WC and selected matches. Even used in for series like bang vs zim and also show cricket highlights. In sep/ Oct , all other sports will move to hotstar. Even Sony Liv provides better optimized streaming than star

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock