Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,056
  • Views Views: Views 1,612,596

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
mr7BlrS.jpg
Virat fans is trending "We love you Star sports" and Rohit fans is trending "Shame on Star Sports".

Meanwhile Star Sports and Hotstar employees are shocked to know about India having more than 5 languages. 🤣
Star provided the highest number of feeds till Jio's entry. Don't know how this troll suits to them.
And tell the Jio employees not to forget India has more than 5 languages during ISL. ISL became more gloomy when it reached Viacom 18 whereas it is expected to regain its losing charm.
Do they switch on all their feeds and facilities only there where somebody to defeat?

Last edited:
Star provided the highest number of feeds till Jio's entry. Don't know how this troll suits to them.
And tell the Jio employees not to forget India has more than 5 languages during ISL. ISL became more gloomy when it reached Viacom 18 whereas it is expected to be better presented.
Do they switch on all their feeds and facilities only there where somebody to defeat?
Thanks to Star itself. ISL is still a growing product. Feeds are catered to the market that watches football. Even Star does same with Premier League. It doesn't cater to states who can't read and write more than one language. *Cough* *Cough * T and T market. It's available in Bangla, Malayalam and English only. Hopefully, ISL grows into it's full potential under JioCinema and Sports18. Unlike cricket which is watched by every state and union territory. Football has limited appeal which will grow over time.

Thanks to Star itself. ISL is still a growing product. Feeds are catered to the market that watches football. Even Star does same with Premier League. It doesn't cater to states who can't read and write more than one language. *Cough* *Cough * T and T market. It's available in Bangla, Malayalam and English only. Hopefully, ISL grows into it's full potential under JioCinema and Sports18. Unlike cricket which is watched by every state and union territory. Football has limited appeal which will grow over time.
ISL peaked at its 2,3,4 seasons and slowly came down, then lost charm when they decided to extend the duration of one season to so many months.
And I expected Viacom 18 will treat the tournament better than Star, like IPL which provided surplus facilities to watch. But ISL coverage of Viacom 18 is poor. Not only limited feeds, everything associated feels like substandard. Especially the scoreboard.

ISL peaked at its 2,3,4 seasons and slowly came down, then lost charm when they decided to extend the duration of one season to so many months.
And I expected Viacom 18 will treat the tournament better than Star, like IPL which provided surplus facilities to watch. But ISL coverage of Viacom 18 is poor. Not only limited feeds, everything associated feels like substandard. Especially the scoreboard.
I agree with you about the substandard when it comes to production. They could provide multiple camera angles like they did with IPL. But I think their budget is very limited here. About scorecard it looks unique. Even Bundesliga has a similar scorecard. Everyone seems to experiment with different scorecards this season.

I agree with you about the substandard when it comes to production. They could provide multiple camera angles like they did with IPL. But I think their budget is very limited here. About scorecard it looks unique. Even Bundesliga has a similar scorecard. Everyone seems to experiment with different scorecards this season.
And that is an indication. If there is no rivals, same applies to IPL in future. Even they didn't fixed Jio Cinema's UI issues. Just introducing so many feeds and cam angles to boost promotions.

And that is an indication. If there is no rivals, same applies to IPL in future. Even they didn't fixed Jio Cinema's UI issues. Just introducing so many feeds and cam angles to boost promotions.
It worked fine during the match. That's what most people care. I am watching World Cup on Star Sports. Because PQ of Hotstar is plain bad. Same isn't the case with JioCinema. Gonna trade off UI for good viewing experience.

Just realised that Hotstar has key moments available for Premiere League matches. I think it's not budgeting issue. If they were cost cutting in cricket. Why would Star do same with cricket? Issue is lack of competition. That's where broadcasters are lacking these days.

Back
Top Bottom