Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,312
  • Views Views: Views 1,650,347

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I remember during India tour of England in 2007, both Star Cricket and ESPN aired the 7 match ODI series. Both of them used a different set of graphics on their channel and both were outstanding. DD got the one with Star Cricket graphics. That was the peak for any sports broadcaster in India.

India's Tour Of England 2007

Star Cricket

ce2wNCl.png

ESPN

E9B385y.jpg

- Star Cricket Using World Feed From Sky Sports.

- ESPN Using Own Graphics with Own Commentary Panel (Harsha Bhogle & Alan Wilkins).

Star Cricket

ce2wNCl.png

ESPN

E9B385y.jpg

- ESPN Using Own Graphics with Own Commentary Panel (Harsha Bhogle & Alan Wilkins).
I think Star sports bro...that time Star cricket not renamed

Star Cricket

ce2wNCl.png

ESPN

E9B385y.jpg

Was Star Sports the one with Hindi feed? Not the graphics. Just commentary.

Star Sports 1 HD is airing Premier League. They need to do this every week when they have free slot. They need to try to get three matches on tv. It's easier to watch multiple matches on tv than on streaming. I know Premier League has limited appeal. It is better than airing highlights. It can attract new viewers and sell subscription for channels like Star Sports 2 HD.

Was Star Sports the one with Hindi feed? Not the graphics. Just commentary.
Hindi Commentary introduce from 2013 in ICC Champions Trophy by STAR Sports.

Hindi Commentary With Hindi Language Font In 2013.

v1lVgbG.jpg

Star Introduce this Graphics From 2008..

Star Using This Graphics First Time at International Events in
India Tour Of Australia 2007-08
Asia Cup 2008..

The graphics you see & talking about
that it was..
India Tour Of England 2011
When This ☝️ Graphics used by STAR.
Star used this graphic from 2007 itself i.e. from the Test matches of India tour to England. Test matches of this tour were exclusively aired on Star Cricket which was launched just before this Series.

2007 india tour of england - None indian broadcaster showing the sky sports world feed.
SS tried new stragegy like SS has different graphics and ESPN had different graphics. Very few people only knows ESPN has different graphics.
SS graphics always pathetic start from 1997 india tour of SA, 1999 india tour of NZ (dravid 190), 2002 Natwest India tour of england, 2007 india tour of england, 2009 india tour of australia (Ishant greatest spell, praveen dream debut).

I always hate SS graphics especially the color which is not blue nor green, some ugly color .

Back
Top Bottom