Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,499
  • Views: Views 1,475,828

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Breaking - French Open rights moves from Star to Sony
AFjkC5X.jpg

Sports fans in India has to go through kuwa (well) and ghai (cliff) experience in most situation. On one hand nothing could be more satisfying to see any sports leave Star Sports. On the other nothing could be sadder than anything moving from Hotstar to Sony Liv. Not only is Sony more expensive. The UI is simply bad. Eurosport is somewhat acceptable as Discovery+ is not as bad as Sony Liv.

This is Asia, not Europe. Nowhere in Latin America is the brand name Discovery Eurosport used for the sports channel. Sports channels are handled by DMAX or Turbo brands. A good portion of the screen has to be used just to show the name of the Eurosports channel. Very annoying. The name DSPORT was good. But I don't know why it was changed.

Not only that. It would be better to bid for more sports, especially cricket. Or face the misfortune of neo sports.

Discovery Group has been rumored to be merging with Warner Media. If that may happen, they would be able to show more sporting events.

Breaking - French Open rights moves from Star to Sony
AFjkC5X.jpg
Another one gone from star, they started saving money in order to get ipl rights at any cost. So they can show us 24*7 same stuff (H/L, repeat, shows on ipl teams) in several channels at same time. How beautiful that is, lots of love to star from sports fan.
Now I really praying that Viacom to get atleast one of BCCI or ICC rights

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock