Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,499
  • Views: Views 1,475,788

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
DD Sports isn't broadcasting it to digital,only tv feed available on DD Sports.TDSAT order nothing to do with dd,dd wasn't a party on this case ,it was AP vs Private Dth and cable,AP shared feed with DD according to Sporting Act hence no pvt channel broadcasting this series thats why Pvt broadcaster knocked the door of TDSAT.

Last edited:
DD Sports isn't broadcasting it to digital,only tv feed available on DD Sports.TDSAT order nothing to do with dd,dd wasn't a party on this case ,it was AP vs Private Dth and cable,AP shared feed with DD according to Sporting Act hence no pvt channel broadcasting this series thats why Pvt broadcaster knocked the door of TDSAT.
I was able to watch on Jio TV. Don't know about other platforms.

DD cant forcefully ask content to be shared. its not on national importance its called dadagiri.
what next bigg boss on dd national? as its national importance
Ironically women's cricket matches aka non commercial interests weren't national importance until couple of months back.

DD cant forcefully ask content to be shared. its not on national importance its called dadagiri.
what next bigg boss on dd national? as its national importance
There is something called law of land. You can call it dadagiri or whatever. Amazon prime is not paying from its own pocket or doing charity.

It's not OTT exclusive as it was already being shared on DD Freedish.
They are not exclusive as they are forced to share. But apv claims to be exclusive in their promotion.
And the freeloader argument still stands even if there's a law. What if these private broadcasters stop procuring these premium rights altogether. Will the government step in and purchase the rights for the sake of 'national interest'? I guess the answer is no. Why not make such laws like those in the UK and Australia, where it is mandatory to broadcast sporting events Free to Air? Let DD Bid for free to air rights like BBC and Channel 7 do in the UK and Australia respectively?
Calling existing law as freeloading while demanding another law for mandatory fta? Anyway i am okay with both case, but will be consistent in not calling freeloader to fta model too😀
Your point of holding TV rights and still not broadcasting would be valid if Prime owned a TV Channel in India. They may have entered into private negotitiations but may not have been able to secure a justifiable amount.
Corroborated my point as valid. It is deliberate attempt to tv blackout but failed thanks to law.

Another law for mandatory FTA so that the pay broadcaster re-evaluates the price he is going to pay while the FTA broadcaster also pays the rightful amount to the host. This model has been prevelant for so many years and successfull in the countries like UK & Australia. The viewer also gets a choice to choose where to watch.
They are not exclusive as they are forced to share. But apv claims to be exclusive in their promotion.

Calling existing law as freeloading while demanding another law for mandatory fta? Anyway i am okay with both case, but will be consistent in not calling freeloader to fta model too😀

Corroborated my point as valid. It is deliberate attempt to tv blackout but failed thanks to law

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock